[ 02 ] school time madness

Violet and Victor walked together, a cigarette in the younger sister's hand.

Victor wasn't too keen on smoking. He use to do it, but he quit somewhere around his sixteenth birthday, claiming to his sister that they were getting too expensive. He knew she still smoked, so he gave her the rest of his cigarettes and told her to take care and be careful.

Quiet chatter was shared amongst the siblings, talk of their old home and things they wanted to do now they had moved. For the most part, the teens planned to stay their usual loner selves — possibly make a friend or two, but unlikely — and get through high school as quickly as possible.

The duo weren't bothering anyone or harming anyone, but that didn't stop a trio from approaching them.

"Hey!" The central one shouted. The girls snapped their heads in the voices direction. Violet and Victor stopped as the trio caused a barrier. "Student council passed a rule against smoking in public places."

"Second-hand smoking kills." One of the girls stated — not that the siblings particularly care.

"We're new, I didn't know." She dropped the cigarette to the floor and stomped it out, twisting her foot to ensure the cigarette was out.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" The girl practically shouted at them. "People sit here. They eat here."

"They're probably gonna die of god knows what diseases if they eat off the actual floor." Victor pointed out

Violet and Victor looked at each other, eyes narrowed and brows furrowed in confusion before looking at the girl's friends.

"You don't know us." Violet pointed out. "Why are you doing this?"

"By this, she means screaming at us like a recent asylum escapee." Victor cleared, giving them a tight lip smile.

"Leah's grandmother died of lung cancer."

"Ok? So have many other people, I don't see them going insane." Victor shrugged, burying his hands into his hoodie pockets.

"She takes this stuff pretty serious."

"Eat it. Eat it or I'm going to kick the shit out of you." Leah shouted at Violet, grabbing her and the cigarette.

"No." Violet stated.

"Come on, Leah, that's enough." One of Leah's friends said.

Leah turned to her friends, seemingly offended. "No, no, no. I want to see her eat it."

"Leah, seriously, she's like twelve."

Victor practically switched, pulling Leah away from his sister. He gripped her hair, forcing her to look at him. "Fucking grab my sister like that or any other way and I'll fucking kill you." He threatened, eyes narrowing.

Violet took her brother's arm, he shook off her grip as he stared Leah dead in the eyes. She gulped as she brought her face closer. "Look at this as me being fucking friendly." He told her, spitting on her before letting go.

Leah stumbled back, shock and fear running through her veins. She looked to see people staring at her — surprise washed over their faces, maybe someone was going to take care of the girl and her obsession with no smoking.

She quickly recovered, shouting at them, only receiving a dark chuckle as Victor pulled his sister away and linked their arms together.

"You shouldn't have done that, Vickie." Violet reminded him. Her grip was still around his upper arm.

"Well, the cokewhore can suck my dick."

Violet shook her head in amusement, detaching from her brother to keep her status (that she had had since she was five) of being a loner whilst Victor made himself known and inevitably became popular, again.

Despite being polar opposite sides of the school hierarchy, the two didn't pretend to not be related — they were quite okay with the fact that they were siblings, and they believed the other was equally as lame as they were cool.

"So I'll see you after detention, baby sis."

Violet screwed her face up. "Laters, big bro." She mocked, and the two let out a chuckle before going their separate ways.