[ 05 ] no longer nameless

Maisie laid down on the sofa as Ben sat in the chair opposite. She wasn't too interested in the sessions he had to come too, but did so nonetheless.

"Whats your biggest fear?" Ben asked the girl, he watched her fidget and try — and struggle — to find comfort.

"I have a lot of fears, not necessarily a biggest fear." Maisie tried to reason. "I suppose being killed by my best friend is a pretty big fear." She told him, playing with the flowery skirt of her off-white spaghetti strap dress — one she had paired with tights and Mary Janes.

Ben couldn't help but notice how specific her fear was. "And has anything like this happened to you?"

Maisie didn't say anything, falling silent as she stared up at the ceiling.

Ben noticed her silence, jotting down that she may have more trauma then he expected. Originally he believed she just had childhood trauma that many of his patients had experience, but now he was starting to believe there was much more then what she showed.

The session had been dragging on longer then Maisie would of liked. She stared at Ben, waiting for him to decide that their time can be over or that she could go home early.

Ben seemed to get the hint as her eyes seemed to show she was zoned out, trying to seem interested. "How about we wrap this up on Friday, instead, you seem to be tired, so catch up on sleep."

"Ok." She said automatically, pushing herself up and needing no further words to tell her to leave. Maisie walked straight out of the room.

Upon walking out she bumped into someone, leading to the sound of something clattering to the ground.

"Fuck." The boy let out, running his hand down his face.

"I'm so sorry." Maisie said, crouching down to help him pick up what she assumed were school books — the same books (not the exact copy but still) she had used when she was living.

"No, it's fine." He told her, carefully taking the books out of her hands when they stood up.

Victor and Maisie met eyes, smiling at each other.

"You have nice eyes." She said with out thinking, her eyes widened at her words.

Heat flooded Victors face, causing a small giggle leave Maisie's lips. "Uh, you're pretty." He complimented back.

Maisie tucked some hair behind her ear, unable to contain her smile as she wrapped one arm around herself.

"Victor Harmon." The boy said, balancing the books on one of his arms and holding his other hand out to shake.

"Maisie Warwick." She said, shaking his hand. "I'm one of your dads clients." Maisie said, pointing over in the office's direction.

Victor leaned his arm against the wall. "I gathered. You seem cool, so do you wanna hang?" He asked.

Maisie nodded. "I'd love to."

Victor grinned, telling her to wait a second whilst he went and asked his dad something.

On the way to Victors room the duo had ran into Violet Harmon and her bruised face. The boy stopped his sister grabbing her face in his hands and angling it to get a better look from the lights.

A scowl plastered his face. "It's on sight next time I see her." He told Violet, his voice cold, emulating fear to most.

Violet went to protest but merely was ignored as her brother continued down the hallway.

"Hi, I'm Maisie."

"His new girlfriend? He doesn't do proper relationships so don't get too attached." Violet warned, holding her hand. "Violet."