[ 11 ] dead people get the job done

After telling Violet to get the bad people into the basement, he himself went to the basement to find a specific dead girl. It didn't take long to find Maisie Warwick, the girl was watching Nora mope for her baby.

He grabbed the fellow teenagers arm, slammed her into a wall and placed his hand over her mouth.

She watched him with wide eyes and panic.

"I need you to be quiet. Will you be quiet?"

Maisie nodded as best as she could.

Tate took his hands off her, stepping back to give her space. In doing so, a punch was thrown, slamming into his nose. "Maisie! What the fuck?!" He let out, placing his hands to his nose and cracked it back into place.

"You had it coming." She replied, crossing her arms as she stared at him. "So, what do you want?"

Tate's words first were muffled by his hands, so with a role of her eyes Maisie decided they weren't important and went to leave. Again, he grabbed her, landing him another punch.

"Ok, no touching."

"Obviously, because last time you touched me you chocked me to fucking death." She seethed, she placed her tongue between her teeth, biting down on it.

"Victor, yeah? You like Victor? Don't you want to save him?"

"Do I look like a Black Widow?" Maisie questioned him, leaning against the dingy wall, crossing her arms yet again. "What sort of trouble is Vic—"

"Intruders trying to kill the Harmons."

Maisie let out a 'oh'. She bit down on her tongue, watching Tate to ensure he wasn't lying. She made a noise of complaint, looking up at the basement ceiling.

"What are we going to do?" She questioned, pushing herself off the wall and followed Tate as he guided them from the lowest floor.

"You just worry about Victor, he's tided up in the spare room." Tate kept glancing at Maisie as they walked. "So you'll need a gun, just aim it at whoever is with him."

"Where am I getting a gun?" Maisie questioned, startled at the words. She hated weaponry and the idea of causing someone pain — she supposed she could suck it up for Victor.

"Everyone has a gun."

"We didn't! Because not everyone is a school shooter and blatant murderer."

"Ok, I bet they have one."

Maisie nodded, opening a drawer where she found a gun — it was a total guess, she expected it to be wrong place. She held the metal murder instrument in her hand.

Maisie had never held a murder weapon, or any weapon at all — well, she had held kitchen knives to cook but they're main purpose was foo. She stared at it, hating the feel of it. She held it up, trying to feel cool as she aimed it like they did in films.

Tate watched the girl, a brow raised as Maisie screw her face up — guilt was already flooding her mind.

"I don't know how you went into a school holding a thing like this, I feel guilty and I'm only using it to strike fear."

Tate huffed at her words before leaving the girl in the hallway.

Maisie watched him with offence, flipping him off from behind. She stared down at the weapon, hating it more then she needed too.

But she was going to save her friend, so that made the gun ok . . . right?

She began to walk, looking around for Victor and the attacker, the gun was heavy in her hand. How she hated this.

But each step weighed down on her heart. What if she fires wrong and she kills someone? What if she kills Victor?! She was going to go to jail . . . wait, she's dead!

Despite her panic and paranoia, Maisie kept searching. Her throat was dry and her hands were shaking but Victor Harmon, her new friend, relied on her right now. He needed her and friends should always be there to help one another to the nest fo their ability.

Maisie found Victor, bounded to a chair with a blonde woman opposite him. She lifted the gun and hoped she looked powerful and not like the terrified teenager she was.

"Hey, bitch!" She greeted, trying to bring her lips into a dark and twisted grin. But her life was not a story and she was fairly sure she looked insane, scared and awkward at best.

"We checked! There was no one in here." The woman blinked, staring at Maisie. "How many of you are there?"

"Uh, there's only one Maisie Warwick but . . . oh? There's two of us . . . four if he got who I think he was after." Maisie stepped further into the room, taking a deep wobbly breath. You got this! She mentally thought to herself.

She gave the woman no time to defend herself as she aimed down at her thigh and shot.

Maisie dropped the gun when she realised what she had done. Her hands quickly covering her mouth. Fuck!

Victor's eyes were wide as he looked between the two women.

The unnamed attacker was scrambling away, smearing blood around as Maisie dropped to her knees.

She had hurt someone! With a gun! A God damn Murder weapon! Originally she thought she had a shot of utopia or heaven or Elysium, she now believed she was bounded to hell and purgatory at best.

"Hey, Maisie!" Victor gently let out. "Hey, hey, hey. You did good, okay? That was brave and you saved me, that's got to account for something right."

Maisie met his eyes, scrambling over to him and untied him from the chair.

Victor came down onto his knees and collected the shaking blonde into his arms, pressing a kiss to her temple as he tried to soothe her guilt.

Maisie hadn't realised she had been crying, not until Victor's touch brought her to reality.

"I'll make sure they don't know you were here, okay?" Victor promised, grabbing the gun Maisie had held and making sure it was covered with his prints, ensuring the girl some safety. "It's self defence if it comes up in my name."

Victor had liked the girl as a friend (and would totally have been up for a fuck if she asked) but having her curled up in his arms struck something in him. He simply wanted to protect her from the world and it's demons.