[ 09 ] history often repeats itself

Victor had been laying on his bed. He had music flowing into his ears through some cheap headphones he picked up that morning — just incase he wanted to block anything out.

He didn't hear his mum tapping against his door. Vivien chuckled to herself before stepping into his room — Victor didn't tend to shut his door, unless he had a friend over.

"Huh?" The teenager question, a brow raised at his mother, tugging his headphones out.

"We need to talk, I've already spoke to Violet so I don't need you to remind me off the risks—"

"You killed dad but want to make it look like a suicide?" Victor questioned, pressing pause on his music. "Because I've totally got you mom, you can totally use me as an alibi and you know adrenaline is meant to make you really strong so if you can kill him you can lift him. And if they do pin this on you, don't worry I'll back you. Statistically he had it coming, and you wouldn't be w—"

"I'm pregnant."

Victor blinked at her as his mouth fell slack. "You . . . you what?"

"I'm pregnant, Victor."

"Oh my god, I'm gonna be a big brother!" Victor grinned as his mother, as Vivien took a seat on his bed. The boy wrapped his arms around her. "We can finally ditch Lilac, I'm going to be the best big brother!"

Vivien slapped the back off his head.

"Too far?"

"Too far." Vivien agreed.

Victor laughed lightly, staring down at his mothers stomach. Vivien smiled at Victor, finding her 'angsty grunge' son was like a child on Christmas. Victor placed his hand on the stomach.

"But isn't this dangerous, I mean wasn't last time proof."

Vivien nodded, admitting she understood the dangers.

"There were complications. What if this one's even bigger and affects you. I don't want to loose you, mom." Victor pointed out, shaking his head slightly, unable to look at his mother without feeling guilty.

This was supposed to be a moment of happiness but he was now scared she was going to die or that it was going to be another failed baby.

Vivien's eyes softened as she moved further up the bed, engulfing her son as Victor tried to keep his cool. "You won't loose me, Vickie."

Victor soon pulled away, wiping my away the tears forming in his eyes. He forced himself to get over it.

"Our neighbour, Constance, made cake for you."

"Don't eat cake of strangers."

"I knew you'd say that so I've left yours as a spare."

"Not all of us want to die, mom." Victor pointed out, straight faced as he stared at her. "Sorry that was rude."

Vivien gave him a tight lip smile before leaving the boy in his room.

Victor watched his mother leave, before putting in one of his headphones and began to play his music once again.

Time shifted slowly, yet Victor was surprised how much time had passed since five minutes ago when he had started to play his music again.

He stayed listening to his music, dramatically thinking about the ways his mother (and newly forming sibling) funeral would go when this inevitable goes wrong. He also wondered how his own funeral was going to go.

Victor furrowed his brows was trying to work out of he was hearing things or if him and Violet were being shouted.

He pulled out his headphone and was proven correct. His mother was in fact calling them.

"Violet! Victor! Answer me!"

He groaned and pushed himself off his bed, and came into the hallway — where Violet too stood.

"Hello there, Morrissey." Victor nodded at her.

"That was meant to be an insult, but I love Morrissey." Violet pointed out as the two came into view for their mother as they stared over the banister. Violet looked down at their mother with a brow cocked. "How am I supposed to finish my homework if you keep interrupting?"

"Where's your phones?"

"Wow, hi to you too." Victor scoffed.

"This isn't a game, Victor!" Vivien snapped up at him. Victor held his hands up in defence, looking at her startled. "Where are your phones?"

"Our room." Violet answered, patting her older brother on the back,

"Go, go, go, go, go get them. Dial nine one one."

The door bell went off.

"Who's that?" The siblings asked before turning to each other and high-fiving.

"Just go back in your rooms, lock the door and don't come out until I tell you, now!"

The siblings made their ways to their rooms. Confused and worried as they shut their doors. Victor picked up his phone and watched it die in that moments.

He opened his door where he was met with a stranger.

"Oh, hey, this is totally awkward." He said as the man took his phone and threw it. Victor watched with pain, he hoped the man didn't take it out on his laptop next, his laptop held his life and soul . . . aka his music and illegally downloaded shows and films. "I mean it was de—"

The stranger grabbed him.