𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER ONE:MADNESS

CHAPTER ONE:
MADNESS

SHE WATCHED HIM WALK THROUGH the guards, the cheers of the Asgardian people could be heard all around. A wide smile was plastered on Phoenix's face as she watched Thor throw Mjolnir up, only to catch it again as he cheered for himself. Today was his day. Phoenix stood there beside of Lady Sif who only rolled her eyes at the god, though she had an amused smile plastered on her lips. They watched as he kneeled down just before the steps, before Odin who seemed more than less pleased by his son's entertaining act.

Odin stood up, slamming his staff against the floor causing for the room to fall utterly silent within the matter of seconds. "Thor Odinson," Odin spoke, "my heir, my firstborn. So long entrusted with the mighty hammer Mjolnir, forged in the heart of a dying star, its power has no equal, as a weapon to destroy or as a tool to build. 'Tis a fit companion for a king. I have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the nine realms from the time of the great beginning."

Phoenix exchanged a look with Sif before the two women looked back towards Odin as he continued to speak. "Do you swear to guard the Nine Realms?"

"I swear." Thor answered.

"And do you swear to preserve the peace?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to cast aside all selfish ambition and to pledge yourself only to the good of the Realms?"

"I swear!" He raised Mjolnir in the air.

"Then, on this day, I, Odin Allfather, proclaim you. . ." Odin paused, and a frown fell over Phoenix's lips. "The Frost Giants." Odin slammed his spear on the ground once more, activating the Destroyer who was quick to kill the Frost Giants that had invaded. The Asgardians were all quick to leave the room, going to their homes, or going to work.

Phoenix stayed with Lady Sif, as well as the Warriors Three. The group of four fighters walked through the halls until they found the room where Thor sat, Loki sitting beside of his brother. The table that had been filled with a feast had been flipped over in anger, dishes and food splattered all over the floor. Phoenix frowned as she looked over at Thor.

"What's this?" Volstagg questioned, looking at the table. Phoenix and Sif stood there, watching as the two brothers talked, before the sound of Loki's voice grabbed their attention.

"No, no, no, I know that look." Loki shook his head as Thor quickly stood up.

"That's the only way to ensure the safety of our borders." Thor quickly defended himself.

"Thor, it's madness."

"Madness?" Volstagg asked. "What sort of madness?"

Thor looked at the group. "We're going to Jotunheim."