𝐓𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER TEN:FOUND HIS FOREVER

CHAPTER TEN:
FOUND HIS FOREVER

SEEING THEM KISS BEFORE LEAVING was the final straw. She was officially heartbroken, but she couldn't focus on that for the moment. What she had to focus on was Heimdall. When they had entered Asgard once again, they found Heimdall laying there with the Bifrost open. Thor was quick to tell them to take him to a healing room, Volstagg being the one to pull out the sword. She looked up as Thor left, swallowing thickly before looking back down at Heimdall and cupping his face gently in her hands.

"He'll be alright." Phoenix assured them. "I can't heal him. Not fully anyways." She gently caressed a thumb over Heimdall's cheek, wishing to see his golden eyes that had always brought her a sense of comfort. She managed a small smile as she nodded. "You're going to be alright, Heimdall. Just hang in there." She stood up and they were quick to take Heimdall and head towards the healers. When the group were sure that Heimdall was secure with the healers, they got their own wounds checked out and healed.

She knew the war between the two brothers was going to be damaging. She could feel it. She could hear the chaos from where she stood and she couldn't bare to listen it. Prior to everyone's warnings and concerned looks, Phoenix enjoyed Loki's presence. She always has. He was kind to her as she was him. They had an unusual friendship, that was for sure. But she still cared for him, and she just wished that he wasn't going down such a dark path. She wished that there was a way that she could save him and bring him to the light.

She made her way to her room, sitting there, staring at the dark sky and watching the chaos that was taking place on the destroyed rainbow bridge. Tears fell down her cheeks as she watched Loki fall to his death, her heart breaking for the second time that day as she softly cried for the boy who only ever wanted to be loved by his father and not live in the shadow of his brother. She walked over to her bed, sitting down on it and allowing the weight of everything that has happened within this one day alone to fall on her shoulders.

For once in her long life, Phoenix wished to be home again. She wished to be with her mother and father, her brother and sisters, even if they pained her no mind because she was the youngest and the most irrelevant of them. As she sat on her bed, she realized how much the people she let grow close to her broke her heart. She never realized how easy it was to walk over to, to control her, and now she did. All because of heartbreak over a god that would never want her, and the death of the mischief that had once been her friend.

How was she supposed to go to a feast after this? How was she supposed to look at Thor, smile, and pretend to be his friend and not in love with him? She didn't think that she could do it. But then again, there were a lot of things that Phoenix believed she couldn't do and still did it. Like leaving her home. She never dreamt of leaving the place she grew up, but the chaos only grew more and more and she knew that in order to live she had to save herself and leave before the place exploded into flames.

She shook her head. She refused to think about her home world. Instead, she forced herself to clear her mind and stand up. She made her way over to her closet before pulling out the dress that was to be worn to the feast they were having. A flowy golden dress that glimmered in the light was pulled over her head. She fixed the braids in her hair before taking a moment to look at herself in the mirror, smoothing out her dress just as a knock came on her door. Sif.

They made it to the feast, listening to Volstagg's stories and getting a laugh out of the crowd. Phoenix couldn't find it in herself to eat all that much, even though she was starving, her nerves and frustration was getting the best of her. She stood from the table, offering a polite smile and making her way towards Frigga just as Thor walked away from her. She took a stand beside the queen, and for a moment she didn't say anything. For a moment, she allowed herself to collect her thoughts before she opened her mouth.

"My Queen, I'm so sorry for your loss." Phoenix gently replied, turning her head away from the direction she had seen Thor go in order to look at her.

Frigga placed a gentle hand on her arm, a silent thanks. They looked back towards the direction Thor had went. "How is he?"

She licked her lips before sighing, "He mourns his brother. And. . . well, he misses her. The mortal. He longs for her."

Frigga looked at Phoenix for a few moments, a small frown falling on her perfect features. She'd always thought that Thor and Phoenix would end up together. And maybe they still would. But she could see the heartbreak and betrayal laying in the Olympian's eyes. She shook her head slightly. "I'm sorry, dear."

"For what?" Phoenix softly questioned. She knew that Frigga knew her feelings, you could never hide anything from that woman. "He's in love. Let him be. Maybe love will break him the same way that it has broken me. Or maybe he'll be one of the lucky ones, and he's found his forever." She gave Frigga a sad smile. "I'll see you in the morning, My Queen." She gave a slight bow.

Phoenix started to walk away, stopping once Frigga spoke again. "Loki was right you know." Phoenix turned to look at her, and Frigga smile a gorgeous smile. "You shouldn't bow to no one. After all, you'll be queen someday." And then the woman turned on her heel, leaving Phoenix to stand there as the smallest of smiles pulled at the corners of her lips.

END OF PART ONE!
Hey lovelies! This part is finally finished with, which means this story will be going on hold! I've posted this on my message board, but as of right now no other stories are being published or placed off of hold just so that I can focus on my stories that deal with television shows seeing as I never have time to write for them and this is my only compromise. But, I hope you've nejoyed so far!

 But, I hope you've nejoyed so far!