𝐓𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER TWO:KNOW YOUR PLACE

CHAPTER TWO:
KNOW YOUR PLACE

IT WAS SO COLD. THAT'S the first thing that Phoenix felt as soon as they had landed on their destination. The cold had never really bothered the goddess, that didn't mean that it didn't nip at her skin every so often. She exchanged a glance with Sif before turning her head at the sound of Hogun's voice breaking through the eerie silence.

     "We shouldn't be here." The man whispered.

     "Let's move." Was Thor's simple response. And without question, the group all did as he asked, growing deeper and deeper in Jotunheim. It was too quite for any of their liking, leading Sif to ask where everyone was. Of course, Thor called them cowards, claiming that the frost giants were hiding.

     "You've come a long way to die, Asgardians." The sound of Laufey's voice grabbed their attention, seeming to bounce off the walls of the ice that hung from land.

     "I am Thor Odinson."

     "We know who you are."

     "This is not going to end well." Phoenix muttered under her breath.

     "How did your people get into Asgard?" Thor yelled, anger clear in his voice.

     "The House of Odin is full of traitors." Laufey answered.

     This, of course, made Thor even angrier. "Do not dishonor my father's name with your lies!"

     That's when Laufey stood up, revealing himself to the group. He looked absolutely evil looking, his red eyes glaring dangerously at the group as he spoke to them. "Your father is a murderer and a thief! And why have you come here? To make peace? You long for battle. You crave it. You're nothing but a boy trying to prove himself a man." Phoenix looked around as more of the frost giants surrounded them.

     "Well, this 'boy' has grown tired of your mockery." Thor hissed. Aphrodite swallowed thickly, watching as thick ice-weapons formed on the hands of the frost giants.  

     "Thor, stop and think." Loki begged, looking at his brother. "Look around you, we're outnumbered."

     "Know your place, brother." Thor cut him off.

     "You know not what your actions would unleash." Laufey noted. "I do. Go now, while I still allow it."

     When one of the giants that were towering over them took a few steps closer, stopping in front of Thor and Loki, Loki swallowed thickly as he spoke, "We will accept your most gracious offer. Come on, brother." Finally, Thor turned to walk away, and they were about to follow suit, only to stop when the frost giant spoke.

     "Run back home, little princess."

     "Damn." Loki breathed, stopping in his tracks.

     Thor was quick to turn around, hitting the giant with Mjolnir and sending the giant flying backwards. He looked at the others before asking, "Next?" And then the battle commenced. Every one of them were fighting off the giants, Phoenix finding that because the land was so dead and frozen that the ability to conjure plants was no use to her. So, she was forced to fight like a warrior.

And she did, swinging her sword back and forth and kicking back any of them that got too close to her whilst she was fighting off four other of the creatures. She knew that this had been a bad idea, and that they shouldn't have went through with it, but she would follow Thor anywhere. She trusted him. But maybe she shouldn't have listened to him just this once. She could hear Volstagg yelling out, telling the group to not let them touch you. Moments later, Fandral's pained scream filled her lips. She snapped her head towards them, noticing that he had been impaled by ice. Tears filled her eyes as she quickly snapped her head towards Thor.

     "Thor!" Phoenix yelled, standing beside of Sif as Volstagg and Hogun pulled Fandral off the ice.

     "We must go!" Loki finished Phoenix's sentence.

     "Then go!" Thor yelled back, going back to fighting.

When the ground started shaking the group were quick to snap their heads towards the noise, watching as a gigantic beast broke free from the ice he had been covered in moments before. Phoenix's eyes widened before Volstagg yelled for them to run and none of them hesitated in doing so except for Thor who continued to fight, ignoring the call of Loki. Everything seemed to fall around the group as they ran for their lives.

The ground started to break apart and crumble thanks to Thor who had slammed his hammed to the ground whilst he continued fighting, and lucky for them the giant beast fell through one of the holes allowing them to run ahead. They made it to the edge of the land.

     "Heimdall! Open the bridge!" Volstagg yelled. However, there was no response. Instead, the beast's paw appeared in front of them, causing the group to quickly take a few steps back, watching as the creature climbed to the surface, snarling dangerously as it glared down at the group.

     "I knew this was a bad idea." Phoenix whispered, wondering if this was going to be the way that she died. The creature let out a loud roar that seemed to ring in her ears. She watched as the beast stood on its hind legs, ready to attack, only for Thor to fly through it's open mouth and straight through its back, killing it. Thor turned to look at them, a smirk on his face before it faded, causing them to turn and find the frost giant army standing behind them.

Just as they all came to attack, a light shined over the group, causing for them to look up as the bridge opened, the sound of a horse whinnying could be heard and Odin appeared on said horse.

     "Father!" Thor shouted, raising his hammer. "We'll finish them together!"

     "Silence!" Odin hissed, causing Thor to frown. They watched as Laufey appeared in front of Odin.

     "Allfather." Laufey greeted. "You look weary."

     "Laufey, end this now." Odin requested.

     "Your boy sought this out."

     "You're right," Odin nodded. "And these are the actions of a boy, treat them as such. You and I can end this here and now, before there's further bloodshed."

     "We are beyond diplomacy now, Allfather." Laufey said with venom. "He'll get what he came for. War and death."

     "So be it." Ice formed in Laufey's hand, and just as he went to stab Odin, a bright light shined, blinding them both. Heimdall opened the bridge, the blast sending Laufey flying back as the group of Asgardians and Phoenix were all sent back to Asgard. And all Phoenix could think about was what Odin was about to do, now that he knew what it was that his son had caused.

 And all Phoenix could think about was what Odin was about to do, now that he knew what it was that his son had caused