𝐒𝐢𝐱

CHAPTER SIX:MY QUEEN

CHAPTER SIX:
MY QUEEN

SHE SWUNG HER SWORD WITH grunt, clashing it against Fandral's who had offered to fight with her. The duo kept swinging at one another, their swords constantly clashing and bringing a satisfying clanging sound that Phoenix had always enjoyed to listen to. After having the conversation with Loki, Phoenix couldn't help but be upset, and angry, and desperate to know where Thor was and if he was alright. She wanted to save him, bring him back home, and maybe. . . maybe if she had the guts, maybe she would finally tell him her feelings after all these years of hiding it.

She remembered the first time that she had seen Thor. She had been so young, her heart broken into thousands of pieces as she had just fled from her home. The home in which she missed every day of her life. How her mother and father hadn't even blinked an eye at the thought of one of their many children leaving them behind in order to flee to do their own thing―︎not knowing that they were the reason why she had left in the first place.

A grunt fell from her lips as Fandral managed to get the upper hand, placing the weapon to her throat and causing for her to yield. He carefully lowered the weapon as he took a moment to eye the female. He had noticed something off with her the entire time they had been fighting. Phoenix was a great warrior, almost better than Sif but not quite. He had wanted to ask, but he had decided against it in hopes of allowing her time to digest whatever it was that had been on her mind, but now he was starting to get worried for her.

"What do you say we take a break?" Fandral suggested. He shrugged his shoulders. "As far as I'm concerned, your flowers haven't been attended to today, and they're too gorgeous to die. So, let us place our weapons down for a spell or two, and come back once we know your flowers are healthy and thriving. Hmm?" Fandral looked at the woman for a few moments, watching the hesitancy that flashed within her eyes before a sigh fell from her lips and she allowed her weapon to be holstered.

"I suppose my flowers do need to be gardened. You'll come with me, won't you?"

"Wouldn't dream of doing anything else, my lady." He smiled in amusement as she simply rolled her eyes before the duo made their way back into the castle. She had decided to stop by her room first to change from her fighting clothes and into an jade green dress that flowed behind her gracefully when she walked. She walked back out of her room where Fandral had patiently been waiting, and when he saw her he held his arm out to her and she scoffed, though an amused smile pulled at the corners of her lips.

"How are you doing, Lady Phoenix?" Fandral finally decided to ask the question. He looked at her, watching as a soft sigh fell from her lips. "You don't have to speak of it if you do not wish to do so, but we are friends―︎at least I hope we are―︎and you can talk to me about all of your problems. I will listen." Phoenix turned her head to look at him for a few moments, her eyes meeting his before she realized that she had to talk to someone about it, and since Sif wasn't around, Fandral was her next trusted friend.

"After you left the room. . . leaving Loki and I alone in there, we had a conversation that I'm not really fond of. And I keep thinking back to it, and it keeps making me frustrated." Phoenix admitted with a sigh. "He practically proposed to me, Fandral." The shock that danced over Fandral's face was something that he had tried hard to cover up, but had failed miserably at doing so. "Even if I were to say yes―︎ which I would never―︎I am from Olympia. I'm not allowed to be on the throne of Asgard. It's practically forbidden."

"Forbidden is a strong word." Fandral hummed. "Besides, when Thor becomes King, who do you think he'd want to be his Queen? Some random princess from who knows where? Absolutely not. You and him were made for each other, as much as you hate to hear that. And when the time comes, and a Queen must stand at his side, I haven't a single doubt in my mind that that person will be you." He held a genuine smile on his face, truly believing the words that were falling from his lips. Not knowing that those same words would be the ones that shattered her heart once they found out that there was someone else.

"Sometimes you have a way with words, my dear friend. You know just what to say, and that is exactly what I needed at the moment." She gave his arm a small squeeze, offering him a close-lipped smile. "Thank you, Fandral. Truly. You have no clue how much that means to me."

"Anytime, my Queen." He gave her a cheeky wink and she chuckled as she shook her head.

"Better not let Frigga hear you say that. She might actually think one of her loyal soldiers are leaving her for some Olympian princess." Fandral nudged her side slightly.

"Oh, please, you and I both know that Frigga wouldn't want anyone else at her son's side than you." Phoenix knew he was right, and that's why she didn't say anything and instead simply shook her head and allowed for a scoff to leave her lips.

" Phoenix knew he was right, and that's why she didn't say anything and instead simply shook her head and allowed for a scoff to leave her lips