5

"We are called Mokke!" They had such high-pitched voices. Both girls lifted a few and hugged them, but Nene squeezed them from the cuteness.

"Mokke, huh? So you guys stole my pen?" Emiko came to realize that they were the same creature as the one that snatched her black ballpoint pen with a small smiley face drawn on it.

"Sorry!"

"We don't want to hurt anyone."

"You know, you can change them." Hanako stuffed his hands in his pockets, kneeling in front of Emiko. She lifted her gaze to him. "If you spread a rumor about them that's a good one, then they'll become that rumor." Emiko cocked her head sideways.

"So you guys are spirits who follow rumors?"

"Us, apparitions, have to follow the rumors." Hanako beamed as Emiko lowered the few Mokke that were in her arm. "Though it did almost kill you, are you still willing to help?" Hanako stood.

Nene continued to grasp on the little pink bunny-looking creatures, ignoring the conversation. Emiko dropped her head to the pen she pulled out of her pocket.

"They took my pen," she mumbled, hearing more apologies from the Mokke.

"How come that pen is so important?" Hanako asked, leaning his upper body forward. Emiko pushed her legs up, standing in front of his vision.

"It just-" she sighed and turned her head away from him. "Is." Emiko stuffed the pen back in her pocket, patting down her white shirt with the skull to get rid of the dirt.

"Oh?" Hanako floated towards Emiko, letting his hands rest in front of him. "How come?"

Emiko, for some reason, felt obligated to tell him this little piece of information, as he's the one that saved her life.

"It's from my brother." Nene instantly stood up, dropping the Mokke to the sound of Emiko's words.

"Wait, you just said brother?" Nene asked, taking a few steps towards Emiko.

"Yes." Emiko sighed, watching her friend's face covered in amazement.

"You weren't gonna tell me that you have a brother?" Nene placed her hands on her waist, leaning forward slightly.

"Sorry," Emiko replied. Hanako stood with a puzzled expression.

"You didn't know, and you're her best friend?" Hanako cocked his head, floating closer to Emiko.

"It's surprising, but no one knows of Emiko's past. She's the only one." Nene pointed out, Hanako nodding, and Emiko continued to gaze outside, watching the sun slowly set.

"Anyway, Nene." She looked back towards Nene. "I need to clean the bathroom."

"But it's not time," Hanako added, dropping his feet to the ground.

"I just want to get it done now." Hanako grinned as his face inched a little closer to Emiko, making her blush lightly with wide eyes.

"You just miss me," he spoke teasingly. Emiko pushed him away playfully, realizing what she recently said earlier.

'No one is supposed to know I have a brother. No one.'

'Why is Hanako also acting like...me?'

"What's wrong, Emiko?" Nene began to pick up candy, as did Emiko.

"Nothing." Emiko's eyes were still wide, placing the candy in her pockets. "I'll go make a new rumor." The Mokke cheered in joy, chuckling to themselves.

"Wait." Nene grabbed her friend's wrist before she almost dashed off. "What's wrong?" Emiko turned her eyes to focus on Nene's body language. She was extremely worried.

"Nothing." Emiko then dashed off to change the rumor of the Mokke.

"How about I fix the rumor?" Nene suggested, making you grin as she presented her lovable smile. Emiko nodded, allowing her to do so. 

"She's our savour!" one shouted.

Both girls stood, Emiko holding one of the Mokke in her hands. She would nuzzle her nose to their ears, feeling their softness and blush to their cuteness. Nene strolled towards Hanako, propping her hands up to her mouth so Emiko wouldn't hear her words.

"There's something wrong, Hanako," Nene mentioned, him looking her way. "I've never seen her sad or even cry. Something is bugging her." Nene explained, seeing him nod in agreeance. 

"I'll try my best to figure it out," he replied, determined to help his new assistant.