8

Waking up, Emiko fluttered her eyes open, seeing bright lights flashing through the movements of the trees due to the wind. 

"She's dead."

"No, she isn't." As Emiko raised her head, she noticed the few Mokke standing beside her. 

"Hey, guys." Instantly, they all ran off, frightened of her sudden awakening. "What the hell happened?" she asked herself, shielding her eyes from the sun, waiting for her eyes to adjust. 

She stood slowly, wiping her, now, dried clothes. She observed the area, finding a small wooden desk by a red pillar. Emiko strolled towards the desk, reaching in to find a book and a few papers, laying them on top of the wood. As she opened the notebook, she saw multiple findings of writings as if it was a diary written by No. 2. A grin came across her face as she read different entrees about Misaki watching over No.2 as his own student. 

"This is cute." The emotion dawned down when she read the many entrees of "Misaki never came back." Emiko's grin dropped to a frown as there were endless pages of the same depressing entree. In her mind, she felt the pain the girl was going through, but she's never had feelings for her own teacher. 

'I need to break the Yorishiro.'

Emiko stood, a face of determination as she laid the notebook back on the wooden desk. Her eyes squinted, taking each step of the stairs with the hope of finishing this and ending the rumor of this poor woman. 

"Scissors. Where are the scissors?" Emiko hummed as she took the last step towards a small shrine that was tan and red.

"Don't!" a shout echoed behind her. A gust of wind shoved Emiko's hair in front of her face. She noticed a white wisp floating beside her. 

"Don't what?" Emiko shouted, spinning her head towards the blonde, her slowly stepping back towards the shrine. 

"Please! I just want to see Misaki!" As No.2 began to run towards Emiko, the emerald-eyed girl pivoted back, dashing to the pair of scissors. She reached out her hand, gripping onto the pair of scissors, seeing the talisman marked in black ink. "No!" Anger boiled in the blonde woman. She grabbed Emiko's ankle, pulling her down the stairs. 

"Ow!" Emiko yelped, keeping a hold of the scissors as she tumbled down the steps. Pain resonated in her left leg, making it difficult to stand. 

"Give that back!" No.2 dashed forward with her large pair of scissors. 

Emiko's eyes widened, her eyebrows lifting. Her breathing became rapid as her heart thumped to each movement she made. Her hands helped her shuffle back, using her right leg as her left went limp. 

'Help me. Someone, help me.'

"Help me!" Emiko blurted, feeling another gust of wind as her eyes squinted to her surprise. 

"Stay away from her." Hanako flipped his knife in his hand, presenting a smirk towards No.2.

"Don't tear that!" After No.2's shout, Emiko looked down in her hands. 

'If I tear this off will she die?'

'No, she'll be fine. The boundary will disappear.'

Emiko gripped the talisman, raising her eyes to see No.2 on her knees while sobbing to herself as Hanako continued to stand in front of Emiko. Instantly, Emiko ripped the talisman, seeing cracks appear in the realm. A bright white light began to appear as everything faded.

"What's happening?" Emiko called out, hoping to hear a response, but none was given. 

"All done, Yako." Misaki's warm voice beamed as he safely held the scissors.