Chapter 8

The next Monday at lunch wasn't as weird as Walmart thought it would be. Aside from the fact that Kroger was still sort of silently gushing about Buccees (who was still sitting at the popular table). Whole Foods didn't seem fazed at all about what happened over the weekend but Costco seemed a little nervous.
In the middle of lunch, the sound of a plastic chair scraping against the tiled floor and the clatter of a tray alerted the attention of the entire cafeteria to the popular table.
"YOURE BREAKING UP WITH ME?!" Sams shouted.
Target looked thoroughly embarrassed and was staring at the floor mumbling something.
"IM THE BEST YOULL EVER HAD AND YOURE AN IDIOT! WHO IS IT YOU LIKE? ILL KICK THEIR ASS!" Sams screamed, outraged.
Target quickly glanced around the cafeteria, their eyes landing on Walmart. Walmart's heart fluttered and then sank as Target pointed to them. Now, an angry Sams was stomping towards them and they had no idea what to do.
"Stand up you worthless idiot." Sams demanded.
Walmart shakily stood up, preparing themself to take the hits, but Kroger, Costco, and Whole Foods stood up as well.
"Oh so you think you're friends are gonna save you? Huh?! ARE YOU THAT WEAK?" They taunted.
"Knock it off Sams, it's not Walmart's fault Target broke up with you." Kroger reasoned.
"And don't you dare think about even touching them." Whole Foods added.
"WATCH ME!" Sams drew back their fist to punch Walmart, who was frozen on the spot; and right as they were about to hit Walmart, they were shoved to the floor.
"What in the hell made you think you could just hit somebody like that?"
Walmart's face lit up when they saw Buccees had been the one to shove Sams. Costco and Buccees grabbed Sams by the arms and dragged them to the principals office, the cafeteria cheering behind them. As Walmart watched them go, they felt something hug them from the side.
"Thank you!" Target cried, hugging Walmart tighter. This was all Walmart had ever wanted but... it just didn't feel right. It was like they had a sudden feeling of realization... they were no longer in love with Target. Walmart unwrapped Target from around their waist and dashed to the bathrooms, nausea overtaking them. They were confronted by confusion, if they weren't in love with Target then who did they like? Was it really okay to not like anyone at all? So many thoughts were rushing into their heads... they felt too overwhelmed and started to cry. Whole Foods and Kroger had come into the bathroom and were now comforting them.
It was all so much...too much to handle...