Crossing Paths | 2 |

Sadie's Residence423 Greer Ave

Sadie's Residence
423 Greer Ave.
Los Angeles, CA

Chaos took over the environment of Sadie's home. She's known for weeks that she was invited to attend Day 3 of LAFW (Los Angeles Fashion Week). This was the first time in her career where she was going to be in the audience instead of walking the runway—she wanted to make a statement.

With so many looks to choose from, none were up to her standards. They were either to cliché or mediocre. She paced back and forth, as her hair stylist and makeup artist tried to finish her look. Her personal stylist Gregory did the best he could, by sending her looks before he went to Milan with Nicki Minaj. That was one thing about having a stylist—they weren't truly yours. She complained to him and he gave her a sincere apology for not owning up to her liking.

He offered to have a close friend of his to stop by and bring different looks for Sadie to choose from. Staring at the time on her wall clock, it was a quarter before five. She needed to be there at exactly seven. "Where the fuck are they" she said to herself.

Whoever Gregory sent to take the place of him were running late—thirty minutes away for them turned into an hour. "Can you sit for a second?" Mike, her hair stylist asked while holding a rake comb in between his teeth. She sighed as she took the seat in front of her floor length mirror. Mike was currently curling Sadie's 26 inch but was interrupted by her mini tantrums.

Hearing the sweet sound of her door bell ringing throughout the house, she motioned for her make up artist Cynthia to go answer. She felt a sense of relief knowing that—the person behind the door was holding a set of new clothes for her. "So sorry" a voice said entering Sadie's living room.

Cynthia walking in front of the person caused Sadie to not be able to see them. Mike curled one more piece before allowing her to get up—when she did she was presented with Jodie. She was pushing in a rack with at least ten different outfits. Behind her was a male who was pushing in another rack that occupied shoes and accessories.

"This was last minute for me" she said not even acknowledging her yet, "I'm not use to this but I had to come up with looks in under an hour"

"I'm sorry" she apologized again, this time she looked up and locked eyes with Sadie. The two stared at each other as if everyone else disappeared in the room, standing at a stand still that felt like forever.

It's been five years since Sadie seen her in person despite stalking her on Instagram. Her tawny beige complexion collided with her bronze glow cheeks. Her almond shaped eyes still the main focus of her face. She wore oversized camouflage joggers, a white tee with black lettering that read 'Selfmade', a denim distressed jacket and white Air Force ones.

"These the looks?" Sadie asked breaking the somewhat silence they had. She made her way over to the rack, touching each fabric with the tip of her fingers. "Which one do you think would look good on me?" She turned to see Jodie was still in shock.