Do You Love Me?| 17 |

Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, CA

Forcing another mouthful of mint chocolate ice cream down her throat, she sat on the edge of the bed watching re-runs of Baldwin Hills.

The only way she felt like she could escape her feelings was to drown herself into junk food. Surrounding her were empty wrappers of cosmic brownies and zebra cakes. Her stomach so bloated that the tub of ice cream sit on it perfectly with no problems. It's been two days since she kissed her and honestly she wished she never did. Doing that probably cost her to lose Jodie forever and as much as she thought about that scenario, she shoved more ice cream in her mouth.

Having her phone on do not disturb for the pass couple of days, she didn't bother to check it for miss calls from friends or anything dealing with business. Right now she was in a dark place and it was only going to take for her to get herself out of it. Ever since Cynthia picked her up, and she confessed to her that everything she told her was the truth and she hated how she almost ruined their friendship over a fantasy. Jodie hadn't bothered to hit her up or even make a stop by her house—it wasn't like she didn't have her address. So that was Sadie's answer right there—she didn't care nor did she love her in the same way she did.

Finishing the last of the ice cream she placed the tub on the nightstand as she went reaching the remote. Flipping through the channels, she was in the mood for something funny to lighten up her mood—preferably "Martin" or "The Wayans Brothers". It was no where near close to midnight, the time those shows usually aired on BET. Still flipping she stopped on E News when she saw Beverly's face pop up on the screen. She sat all the way up as if she was intrigued.

Giuliana Rancic stood next to Ryan Seacrest in a red body-con dress as she talked about the latest celebrity news. "Word has it that A-list actress Beverly Wells is due to get married tomorrow" she stated

Ryan nodded his hand as he held the note card in the other. "And her fiancé Jodie Pierce, celebrity stylist, gave her a few gifts to kick it off. The screen transferred from them to old pictures of Jodie and Beverly, giving the audience a b-roll sequences of visuals of the two and then the items that she bought as Ryan and Giuliana continued to talk over it. "Seems like she not only upgraded the engagement ring" the screen showing an 18k white oval-cut engagement ring. Sadie's mouth dropped when she seen how beautiful it was on Beverly's finger.
"And how many carats" Giuliana asked Ryan
"10 carats, that estimated about three hundred thousand" he said

"What!" Sadie said to herself, this was all too much. Pictures of Jodie getting on one knee again to present the new ring to Beverly almost made her throw the remote at the TV. The jealousy and hurt she felt through her veins were unexplainable.
"But that wasn't all" Ryan said, the camera now putting them both back in view, "she also bought the community center Beverly use to attend when she was just ten years old. While she was there, this is the place she went to for drama and theatre classes. If it wasn't for that center, Beverly said, she doesn't think she would be a good as an actress today"
"Yes" Giuliana nodded, "the two are scheduled to get married tomorrow at an enclosed area, from The E News crew and my self and Ryan we wish these two the best of luck" she said with a smile.