Six.

06. REASSURANCE

--

"Oh my!"

Y/n gasped in disbelief. She expected as much that riding a motorcycle would be a terrifying one, but not to this extent.

She's gripping tightly on Sanzu's shirt, he feels as if it'll rip apart. He rolled his eyes at how close she is to him, there's not even a space between his back and her chest.

Slowing down his speed, he tried to unlatch her little fist on the hem of his clothes.

Fuck off, he thought, uncomfortable at someone sticking too close.

"Hey, you're not gonna fall," he clicked his tongue, stepping on the break. "Let go for a second, will yah?"

The woman had her eyes closed for who knows how long, her heart still pacing and her knees trembling, "Y-you said i could hold on to you."

In irritation, Sanzu messed his hair before starting the engine again. This time, he didn't mind whether he could already feel the shivering of the girl behind him. As if he had the sympathy to care.

Even the rain says so as it poured even harder on their skin, pelting like a plastic bullet. He hissed, speeding up even more to finally escape the harsh fall down.

Once out of the rain, he tapped Y/n on her arm, "We're here, I'm guessing."

Hesitation was evident on her face before she decided to finally open her eyes. She quickly surveyed the place and nodded upon the confirmation that it was the gate of her house.

She hopped down carefully, her metal heels sinking on a pool of mud. She could've slipped if Sanzu wasn't fast enough to catch her by the elbow.

"Thank you," she said but the man only winced at this, pulling his key out of the engine.

"Mind if we just fucking move inside?"

"Oh, of course, of course."

They're both drenched, shivering even with the slight blow of the wind. Y/n didn't stall any time as she abruptly pressed on the doorbell continuously.

Fortunately, a maid came running towards her almost immediately. She scoffed at the sight of the girl with an umbrella above her head.

"Can you move faster?" Y/n grimaced, taking her umbrella by force and giving it to Sanzu. "And also, prepare dinner and a warm bath for my guest."

"R-right away, Ma'am."

Behind her was Sanzu following her, "Heh, a VIP huh?"

"Uhm, do you have a change of clothes with you?"

"Of course not."

Y/n sighed on the realization. Well, she also couldn't let the man borrow her pajamas. It would not fit him the slightest.

Once they reached the inside, the head maid was leaning against the door, hands on her waist.

"You came home rather late and now what is this? You even brought a man with you?"

Suppressing the urge to roll her eyes, she closed it instead, "Who wouldn't be when someone took my car? And this gentleman here," she pulled Sanzu by his arm, "He had the empathy to take me home."