Eight.

08. UNEXPECTED

--

Click, clack.

Y/n's heels clanked against the tiled floor as she gracefully walked along the hallway of the art gallery. Trailing behind her was Sanzu who yawned while rubbing his left eye. On his right hand was a bottle of cold coffee to keep his eyes from closing.

"Did you distribute the invitations?"

She stopped for a moment to look behind her company. Sanzu was wearing a rounded glass with no lense, his pink locks were concealed by a cheap black wig which he bought from a convenience store down the first intersection.

The male scoffed at her question, unscrewing the lid of his coffee. He drank a few drops before he looked down at her, "Of course, I did."

Her response was her turning on her heels, returning to walk.

Everything was on point. A day before the exhibit took place, Y/n did everything in her power to make it all perfect. From the design of the entrance to the arrangement of the paintings.

"Ma'am!" Her steps halted when she heard the familiar voice of her assistant calling out to her.

"What?" Instantly, her voice and mood changed upon turning her head towards the employee.

"Err- there was an unexpected guest. I couldn't reject him because he said he is your father's acquaintance."

Sanzu fixed his fake glasses and raised a brow at Y/n, while the woman felt like a nerve snapped inside her brain. At the mention of his father, she felt like her composure collapsed, breaking into thousands of pieces.

"Fine, you take care of him."

"Ah- yes, I got it."

As Ms. Yamaka's footstep faded, she turned to look at Sanzu whose face was covered in displeasure. He certainly didn't like the sound of somebody else coming into the exhibit- because he knows for sure that when something goes wrong, it'll hinder his plan.

"I'm sorry about that-"

"As long as he won't interfere with my plans and the transaction," the scar-faced man grimaced as he walk past her, chugging down his drink.

Y/n looked at his fleeing image, a bulge at the side of his waist was visible due to a small loaded gun tucked on his pants. She sighed, running after the man.

Once this is over, a bidding will take place and that's when the drug and white powder planted inside the paintings will be sold, and everything will be over.

She wonder if she'll still be able to see Sanzu, aside from the fact that he's still appearing on her dreams.

-

The little footsteps make Y/n nervous. Everyone was just minding their business and looking around for an art that might have caught their attention, but to her, it was as if their action could pull an invisible trigger of an invisible gun pressed on her temple.

She couldn't stop from biting her nails and even when Sanzu's arms were draped on her shoulder, his hand rubbing circles to calm her down because god knows how much she looked suspicious.