Eleven.

11. BLOODY CANVAS

——

"Mix that up a little more," as she wiped the sweat off of her forehead, it caused the rosy paint on her forearm to smudge on her face.

Seeing such mess from the floor and all over Y/n's formerly white dress, he smirked, unaware of how he also looked like an oil paint palette himself.

"You know how weird it is to paint myself?"

"I am the one who's painting it though, you're just mixing paints."

The male raised his brow and laughed, "I think you're missing a few details on my face right there."

For a moment she removed her gaze from the canvas on the floor to look at him for a moment, her shiny pools lingering on his face for a couple of seconds before she smiled. "Hmm, what is it?"

"Darkness?"

"What do you mean? You want me to paint you black all over?"

"Silly, that's not what I meant."

"Then... what?" It was a genuine question, yet Sanzu couldn't answer her honestly, not when his answer involved his personal feelings and how he viewed himself.

After he found out the Y/n was also that girl 15 years ago, he was happy and mad all at the same time, and it made him crazy inside.

He hated the fact that Y/n was that person whom he loved dearly in the past but betrayed him, and was also the person who's trying to break the 'strong' walls he thought he had kept still for all those years.

Sanzu sighed, moving his hand to mix the paints again, "It's nothing."

It just bothered him how the sanzu haruchiyo in her painting had this lovely smile and had really bright eyes. He hated the fact that the image of him portrayed in a piece of cardboard was a lot more beaming than he was- like he doesn't even have a bit of a problem.

"Hmm, if you're tired we can go home now so you'll be able to sleep."

He put down the palette and stared at the woman in front of him, "Hey, back then did you really leave me? Did you really turn your back on me?"

"Huh?"

"You know what, even until now, I'm still in the dark as to why you chose to stay in that hellish house of yours rather than to run away with me and live freely. Now see what you've become, helping a criminal and you even let him kill your maid."

"Haru-"

"Uh, well, I don't really care. I'm just curious." he smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. After that he stood up and walked towards the door before he turned for a second, looking at the woman who's once again trying to make him miserable. "By the way, i'm meeting someone today so go home by yourself."

"Uhm... o-okay!"

But before Sanzu could even turn away and leave the room completely, Y/n bolted up and ran towards him. She grabbed him on his wrist and forcefully stopped his steps, "But... I'll see you again tomorrow, right?"

The male squinted his eyes, "Of course, I'm your boyfriend after all." The way he spoke that word made her flinch, averting her gaze.

"See you then-" her words were as if left hanging in the air as she felt his heavy palm on top of her head and slowly stroke her hair.

"Bye."

She stared at the closed door after Sanzu closed the door, her heart skipping a few decent beats, telling her how deep she already fall for him.