15

After Taehyung stayed way too silent for a while, Yoongi must wonder what's wrong with him. "Hey. Are you worried about how it’ll be with Jeongguk today? I mean now that Sunny won't be there for the first time."

Taehyung frowns, pushing his lower lip forward and staring intently at him before relaxing his face again and sighing. "To be honest, I hadn't even thought about him until just now. Thank you very much for that..." He grabs the Coke bottle and takes a strong swig of it, suppressing the sudden discomfort in his stomach. "There's something I have to tell you."

After Taehyung stops speaking for a few long seconds, Yoongi clears his throat. "Ready when you are." He leans back to relax his back and waits anxiously for the story.

"Someone approached me today after my last course and asked me out on a date." To make it definitely more interesting for his friend, Taehyung doesn't reveal too much of the conversation for now.

As expected, Yoongi's now fully interested. "What was your answer?" He looks expectantly at his younger friend with wide eyes.

Taehyung shrugs. "Told him that I'd think about it. He was so nervous and immediately said that it didn't have to be a romantic date, just a friendly meeting." He chuckles. "I have to admit, he was cute."

"Oh! That sounds great. You can meet him without any expectation and then see where it goes." Yoongi puts a hand on Taehyung's knee. "But what about Jeongguk?"

"What about him? He's got Sunny and I'm sure he doesn't have the slightest interest in becoming my friend again." Taehyung's expression shows that he is sad about it. "I'd love to know why, though."

Yoongi nods in understanding, ponders a moment and then shares his thoughts with him. "You'll find out today. This is your chance."

Taehyung shakes his head. "I don't think he'll tell me. He's had plenty of opportunities but never used them."

"This is a guy's night and what do we do on such evenings?" Yoongi wiggles his eyebrows.

"We drink, eat, talk, play silly games ... Oh! Truth or dare!" Taehyung claps his hands excitedly. "You're a fucking genius, Min Yoongi."

"This is nothing new." The said genius grins widely.

They both start thinking of a few questions to ask the other. Yoongi is going to help Taehyung find out what Jeongguk's problem is with him.

The later it gets, the more nervous Taehyung becomes. Seokjin and Hoseok arrived a little earlier than expected and helped them prepare. While Seokjin and Yoongi take care of the snacks, Taehyung and Hoseok get the drinks from the small storage room. When the doorbell rings again, the host opens the door for the last three people.

Until recently, Taehyung had suspected that Jeongguk wouldn't show up, but now that he sees him, he doesn't know how to behave towards the younger. Taehyung takes a step to the side to let the guests in while avoiding eye contact. Jimin leads them to the living room and greets the friends who were already here.

Jeongguk seems to be holding back. He already knows his way around the apartment very well and disappears in the bathroom.

"Hey, Tae, are you okay?" Jimin whispers to Taehyung when everything has calmed down a bit.

"Yeah, did he say anything on the way here?" Taehyung hopes that Jeongguk at least didn't have to force himself to come.

"To be honest, he looked thoughtful and didn't talk to us. I don’t think it’s easy for him but don't worry about it. We'll make sure he'll be comfortable." With a light massage of Taehyung's upper arm and a smile, the younger nods.