A Nightmare

'It was just another normal day in Nevada... Dianna was just sitting with her parents on the couch watching a movie. They all laughed and enjoyed the show until someone knocked at their door, *THUMP THUMP THUMP*. Her mother said, "I'll go see it". Her dad hummed in response. Dianna's eyes now followed her mother as she got up and went to open the door. Dianna didn't know what happened but she scremed when she saw her mother get tackled by a zombie. "AAHHHhhhhh!!!!" She watched as the zombie tore her mother's throat, she couldn't even scream for help. Dianna's Dad but got up and pushed the zombie of her mother. But it was too late, she bled to death. Dianna cried, "MOM!!!!"
The zombie didn't stop tho. It tried to tackle her Dad, but he was strong so he tried to fight it off. But the zombie bit his arm and he screamed finally being able push it off. He then saw more zombies coming towards their house, so he grabbed Dianna's hand as they ran into a room. Dianna was shaking and crying. The zombies soon started to break down the door. Her Dad backed away from the door and looked at Dianna with a frightened expression. He looked around and again dragged Dianna towards the window. Him and Dianna then jumped out the window and started to run. But the zombies spotted them and started to chase after them.Suddenly her Dad stopped at the tracks and let go of Dianna's hand. Dianna looked behind and said, "Dad... Let's go! Why did you stop!?"
Her Dad then gave her a gentle smile filled with guilt and agony as tears fell from his eyes, "I am sorry Donna..."
Dianna didn't move, she then scremed, "Dad Please!!! Let's get out of here!! They are coming towards us!!!"
Her Dad just pushed her and said, "Run Donna and don't look back."
Dianna but didn't move, she looked at her Dad one last time. Her Dad said in a whisper, "Just go..."
Dianna cried and ran away as hordes of zombies started to tackle her Dad and eat his flesh. But he tried, he tried so that the zombies couldn't reach to his daughter. But alas he couldn't fight much longer. Soon he turned into a zombie as well. But Dianna kept running and soon hid behind a trashcan as she curled herself into a ball and cried by covering her mouth to mouth so that the zombies couldn't find her. But soon enough one of the zombies heard her whimpers and ran towards her and then *BANG* she heard a gunshot and blood splattered on her face of the zombie.

----------

Dianna then woke up with sweat dripping down her head. She was gasping and shaking shaking as her eyes got blurry as tears started to form. She couldn't hold back anymore so she started to cry as she curled herself into a ball. She still couldn't find comfort as she was overwhelmed with her past memories coming back to her like a nightmare.

So she took the pacifier from her nightstand and put in her mouth as she held her Teddybear close to her chest. She then started to cradle to calm herself down and Donna took control over her mind to keep her calm.

Donna then saw the tears in her eyes as she wiped it. She knows that it was a nightmare that scared Dianna. But she didn't want Dianna to feel and sad.

So Donna got off her bed still holding the teddybear and went slowly towards Auditor's bedroom. She then opened his door and called out softly as she took her pacifier out, "Daddy...?"

Auditor heard her little call and woke up from his sleep. He then turned on his bedside lamp and he sat up from his bed. He looked at her with tired eyes and asked, "What happened Donna?"

Donna looked at him and said in a sad voice, "Nightmare..."

Auditor sighed and then gave her a gentle smiled, "Come here Baby."

Donna then went up to him as the Auditor made some room for her to sleep on his bed. Donna then got on his bed and snuggled in his chest for comfort as she held the teddybear tightly.

The Auditor then smiled and put the pacifier in her mouth again and put his arms around her to keep her close and safe from everything.

Donna smiled and let Dianna switch back again. Dianna then found herself in a hug on someone else's bed. She got a bit scared and then slowly looked up to find the Auditor gently smiling at her.

Dianna sighed in relief knowing it was just him. She then tensed up a bit knowing where she was. Auditor then loosened his grip on her and said in a gentle voice, "Don't worry Dianna. You are safe now, I got you. I promise to keep you safe."

Dianna then relaxed slowly. She then took out the pacifier from her mouth putting it on his nightstand. She then put the teddybear away and hesitated before wrapping her arms around him.

Auditor smiled and held her close. Dianna then put her head against his chest and mumbled, "You won't leave me right?..."

The Auditor said with a hum, "I would never leave you."

Dianna doesn't know why she asked that, but the Auditor's confirmation made her feel safe and at ease. She hugged him tightly and said, "Goodnight..."

Auditor then kissed her forehead and said, "Goodnight Dianna."

Auditor then started to pet her head as Dianna fell asleep in a peaceful and dreamless sleep.

----------

Dianna woke up early in the morning and found herself wrapped in Auditor's arms. She then remembered why she was there. She didn't want to think about it further but she is a bit glad for it.

She then slowly got up to not wake up the Auditor and went back to her room with her teddybear and pacifier. She then put those away and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for the Auditor as a 'thanks'.

----------

Auditor soon woke up to the smell of eggs coming from the kitchen. He then got up and went towards it to find Dianna making breakfast for him.

Auditor then smiled and crossed his arms as he said, "Good morning"

Dianna flinched a bit and looked at Auditor. She then said with a slight smile, "Good morning Auditor."

The Auditor then went towards the table and sat down on his chair as he watched her put the eggs and toast on the plate. He then said with a smirk, "Woke up early?"

Dianna just rolled her eyes and shook her head with a smile as she put the plate in front of him and sat on her chair with her breakfast.

Auditor then asked, "How are you feeling right now?"

Dianna glanced up from her food and said, "I feel fine... Thanks."

Auditor gave her a gentle smile and said, "No problem Princess. Anything for you."

Dianna smiled knowing he was telling the truth.

They then ate the breakfast in a peaceful silence. Their day went peacefully without any madness or any nightmares. They know they are safe, and they are Home.