3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I'm not lying, dad," Alfred said. Kiku stood next to him, on the doorstep. Arthur looked between the two of them warily, "Kiku has this super sick convention and has two tickets."

Arthur raised a brow, "Was this the original 'football game'?"

"Yes," Alfred sighed, playing weak. He bowed his head. Kiku looked away, managing to look just as guilty, "it's a few days long and I didn't know if you'd let me go if I didn't lie. I'm sorry."

Arthur let out a deep breath.

"You can go," he said, "I was hard on you this morning, and I understand that. But, you have to text me every hour. Deal?"

"Deal!" he exclaimed, wrapping his arms around him, "Thanks dad! You're the best!"

"And no alphas!" Arthur called as they ran down the driveway to Kiku's car. Kiku, a beta, giggled, "Kiku you better watch him!"

"I will, Mr. Kirkland!"

Alfred tossed his suitcase in the trunk beside Kiku's and jumped into the passenger's seat. Kiku had already started the car.

He slammed the door, "Drive! Drive! Before he changes his mind!"

Kiku laughed as they drove down the street, passing onto the highway to the Belpaese, a small gated community on the cliffs that the Vargas clan lived in. He thought the entire place was silly, but the roman-esk architecture was really pretty.

He punched in the gate code. The large gates didn't even whine as they opened, allowing their tiny silver Honda entrance into the community.

Most of the people who lived here also had homes in the city, where they spent most of their time. This was just where the two sons of the late Julius Vargas were born, and, being the rich sons of the richer man, built this community after his death for the children they hadn't even had yet. At least flaunting their riches had given them a beautiful omega and beta woman. Even then, though, they still hadn't had very many children. Not for normal packs, at least. Then again, they were loaded. They could do whatever.

"Is Chestibor coming to this?" Kiku asked him, as they pulled up to the biggest house in the community.

Alfred snorted, "He's never come to these meetings."

"Isn't he the head of the-"

Alfred shook his head, "Always been Katya. Will be Katya until Ivan has pups."

Kiku gave a small smile, "Your pups will be cute."

"As if," Alfred smiled coyly. To be honest, he'd been toying with the idea in his head. Kiku smiled even wider, his eyes a little brighter, if not a little shocked by the response.

"I'm glad Ivan is helping you heal."

Alfred looked down at his hands.

"Me too."

They parked in the driveway of the Patriarch Vargas- Romulus' house- leaving all their stuff in the car. They had made it before Ekaterina did, at least.
Remus and Romulus greeted him and Kiku as graciously as ever, obviously wanting them to side with them even though he was the boyfriend of the brother of the sister who was visiting them. Vladimir, their omega son, just looked increasingly uncomfortable as his father rambled on and on about his virginity. Alfred just smiled and nodded, pretending to agree with the aging alpha.

"I mean," Remus sighed, "I'm sure you understand, being an omega and all. If you went into heat and lost your chastity to some random alpha, you wouldn't be all that happy, now would you? But what if you knew that alpha, and your parents knew that alpha and that they could provide for you- that would provide some comfort, right?"