2 | A messy breakfast

It was early in the morning when the prince's maids began preparing for their princes morning. They had everything ready. From food, to his toothbrush, to his clothes.

The only thing left was to wake up their prince.

The main maid began calling his name, in hope for him to wake up. "Your highness, It's time for your breakfast." She bowed.

...

There was a silence. "Your highness..?"

Jungkook slowly woke up, the bright light from the sunlight blinding his eyes. "Sunhee, could you please take down the blinds..?" He his head maid in a groggy voice.

"Why of course, your highness." She bowed before walking over to the blinds.

While maid Sunhee took down the blinds, Jungkook yawned in exhaustion while rubbing his eyes.

For how long did I sleep..?

A sound came from his right side, a maid came walking in with a tray with breakfast food, abruptly making Jungkook step out of his thoughts.

"Your breakfast is here, your highness." Her voice peeped out. The maid put down the tray of food before putting a small table over the prince's lap.

She then put the tray of food on the small table, making it easy for the prince to eat.

Looking down at his lap, Jungkook saw some fresh thin pancakes folded in triangles. The delicious cake was drizzled with chocolate syrup, topped by freshly cut strawberries and edible gold.

The maids looked at the prince in anxiousness and silence. Jungkook was known to be very picky about his food. He wouldn't yell or be mad if he didn't like it. He would just be dissapointed. And that would make the maids dissapointed, their prince didn't enjoy the food they made.

He would still eat it, if he didn't like it. Just very slowly.

"It looks really good." Jungkook complimented the maid, making her sigh of relief.

The latter took the silverwear that sat on the side and began eating. 'This is really tasty, but it could go with a nice drink.'

Jungkook bent over to his right side to look for a drink. But on the small table was no beverage.

"Could someone get me a drink?" He broke the silence.

The maid that had previously given his food, panicked. She didn't bring a beverage. "I—I'm so sorry, your highness." She bowed repeatedly.

"It's okay rea—" Jungkook tried to reassure her, but she bolted away, running out the door without closing it.

The head maid Sunhee, shook her head in disapproval. She walked quietly towards the door to close it. But before she got it closed, two small voices could be heard.

"Haeun! It's the prince's room!" A small voice said with excitment showing through. "There are two scary big men there though." The voice was suddenly lowered down in fear.

The small voice had a slight high pitch, which made Jungkook guess that it was a small child.

Haeun? The girl I met yesterday..?

"Oh really?" A feminine voice was suddenly heard. "Let's not disturb them and go to the garden!" She quickly said. "We'll have so much fun."

The maid finally got the door closed, making Jungkook unable to eavesdrop anymore.

It's really her. It was really pretty at the garden yesterday..maybe I could just go there? Maybe It's a party there or something? It's boring here. She doesn't know who I really am anyway..but the child..

A loud sound coming from the right made Jungkook snap out of his thoughts and turn his head. The maid that had fetched his drink panted loudly, making Jungkook widen his eyes.

"You didn't have to ru—", Jungkook began before getting interrupted again.

She tried to calm down her racing heartbeat, while getting a teacup. She opened the water bottle in her hands and poured it in the expensive teacup. "Here, your highness. I'm sorry, but the tea you always have wasn't delivered to the hospital, so I tried to—" She rambled on, before Jungkook stopped her.

"Stop." He said in an authorized voice, making the maids startled. It was never good when the prince gets mad and he rarely gets mad.

He looked at her in a soft gaze. "As I said before, It's okay. Do not worry." He softly spoke before turning to Sunhee.

"Sunhee, could you get me a black mask? I want to go to the bathroom." He lied.

published: 27/8