6 | Friends

"A walk? Where?" She asked, perplexed. There wasn't much that the poor people had access to, they only had the small garden. There was actually a big area that had fountains, animals and more, but it was only for the rich, sadly.

The garden that Haeun and the others had access to wasn't much more than a garden with a bench and flowers, where could they go on a walk?

"My hospital room is actually in the white halls," Jungkook put down the plate with cake he was holding. "And I think there's a bigger garden there?" He had overheard from the other patients about a big garden in the rich area.

"Anyway, you said earlier that you went on walks with your family and stuff, would you go on a walk with me?" He gracefully asked.

Haeun smiled. "Sure, but when?"

"Hmm, what about three o'clock?" Jungkook suggested, and Haeun agreed. "Sure."

"Then we'll meet here at three o'clock."  He declared, but suddenly Haeun took out her pinky finger.

"What are you doing?" He asked, puzzled. "A pinky promise," She said. "Haven't you done it before?" Haeun asked in a curious experssion.

"No?"

"Give me your hand." Jungkook slowly brought out his hand and Haeun took it.

She then brought out his pinky finger to interlock it with hers. "This means that you promise."

Haeun then brought out her thumb to meet with his. "Then you lock it." She smiled, to which he smiled back.

"By the way, you have some egg in your teeth." Jungkook blurted out, making the other hurriedly pick out the extra food.

"Why didn't you say that earlier, everyone probably saw that." She slapped him lightly on the shoulder, he looked at her offended but it quickly changed with a toothy grin.

"Sorry, you had so much fun with the kids earlier, I forgot." He giggled, to which Haeun grumbled.

"It's what friends are supposed to do." She mumbled and Jungkook became alert. "Friends? Are we friends?" He questioned.

"Yeah, aren't we? I thought we were?" Didn't they become friends after they played 21 questions?

"Oh, I've never had a friend before." He sadly said. "Then I'll be your first friend then." She softly smiled, which made Jungkook smile.

As Jungkook had home school, he had no classmates and therefore he had no one to hang out with. He didn't have any friends.

He only had his cousins as his "friends", which were quite fond of him as he was the youngest. But they lived far away, so he didn't meet them often.

There were some other people he met, but they were only after his money. And boy were they arrogant and cocky.

He was the next king, he didn't need to be friends with others. He would only have make deals with the other countries, that benefited him and his people. That was what he learned from his dad.

And so, Jungkook was the lonely prince.

"To be honest I've never had a best friend, only acquaintances." She said. Haeun didn't ever have a best friend. She had some friends at school, but they would never hang out together in their free time. They were rather just some school friends.

The whole thing about having a best friend you could do anything with and stuff. Yeah, she didn't have that.

"I'll be your best friend." Jungkook said.

---

Next morning came. The sun was up and it blinded Jungkook's eyes. "Sunhee, the blinds." He said, and the called maid rushed over to close the blinds.