8 | Help

The next morning had come. Haeun woke up from the sounds of small giggles that could be heard from her right side. She opened her eyes and heard the voices of Hyun and Iseul.

"Hyun? Iseul? Why are you guys by my bed?" She groggily asked. Both children hushed her at the same time. Their small index finger was pressed against their lips.

"We're hiding!" Iseul whispered, Hyun nodded. "We are playing hide and seek!" He added.

"Ah, I understand." She nodded, before opening her eyes and abruptly stopping her movements. "Wait, how am I in my bed? I can't remember going in..?" She asked herself, scratching her head in wonder.

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Mrs. Han. The two children in the room sighed dramatically in relief.

"Good morning, Haeun." Mrs. Han smiled. "Good morning Aunt." Haeun greeted, a small smile plastered on her face.

Mrs. Han continued to look down at the kids. "Hello children." The older lady greeted.

"Hello auntie!" The two whispered in union.

"Aunt, do you know how I got in here? I don't remember going back inside?" Haeun asked and Mrs. Han chuckled. "Well, it was a sweet moment."

"Sweet moment?" Haeun asked, confused. How does going inside the hospital equal being sweet?

"Yes dear." She nodded before starting her story.  "I was walking towards the kitchen to fetch some water, when I saw Jimin coming in with his wheelchair." Haeun nodded in understanding.

"And on his lap was you." Mrs. Han smiled.

Haeun looked at the older in confusion. "Me?"

"Yes, dear. Jimin had said that both of you fell asleep. It was late and he needed to go back to his respective room. So he thought of bringing you back on his lap. He even tucked you in." Mrs. Han gushed.

"Ah, I see. That was so nice of him." She quietly said. She felt guilt rising in her body. He had made her laugh and spent time with her. He even comforted her, what has she done in return? Nothing. He was such a good friend, while she probably made him tired. He also brought her back inside. I must have been so heavy.

"I need to make it up to him." She whispered, before turning towards Mrs. Han. "Aunt, could you and uncle help me today?"

"I'm sorry dear, but your uncle has a doctors appointment in ten minutes." Mrs. Han said, Haeun nodded. "But we can help you afterwards. I'll get you help in the meanwhile." Mrs. Han smiled.

Haeun smiled back and nodded. "Thank you Aunt."

---

The bright sun shined on Jungkook's figure as rode in his wheelchair in the yellow hall. His mood was quite good today. His day started off by eating some delicious breakfast and getting away from the boring white halls.

And now he was happily on his way to his friend. Speaking of her, she was visible, meters infront of him. "Hae—" Jungkook yelled before stopping. There was a male nurse beside her.

She probably needs to talk to him about some medical stuff. I'll just wait for her.

"Hello young man!" Mr. Han gladly said behind Jungkook's back. The younger turned around. "Hello uncle." Jungkook greeted.

"How are you?" Jungkook asked and earned a bright smile back. "I'm doing good, young man." Mr. Han said as he patted Jungkook's shoulder. Mr. Han proceeded to look at his watch, he widened his eyes.

"Boy, I'm late to my appointment. I'll see you later young man!" Mr. Han said as he walked quickly to his hospital room.

Jungkook nodded and turned towards Haeun and the male nurse again. They were walking towards him. Jungkook's eyes lit up, his lips curved into a big smile that was of course hidden under a mask.