12

Jungkook's morning didn't turn as peaceful as he thought it would be. He had expected to wake up, eat and then meet his best friend.

But he was currently forced to sit and eat by his maid. "Sunhee, it's me who gives you orders, not the other way around." Jungkook glared at his head maid as he took a spoonful of porridge in his mouth.

The head maid Sunhee, kept cleaning his hospital room despite being glared at. She softly sweeped the floor with the tall mop in her hands. The other maids in the room quietly widened their eyes at the prince's words, but continued to clean.

"Your highness, our king ordered us to treat you with extra care when you got better. It's supposed to make you happy. Besides, we don't get to serve you nowadays because you go somewhere. Prince Jungkook, please bring one of the guards when you go. It could be dangerous." She pleaded, stopping her cleaning.

Jungkook darted his eyes to the crutches beside him. It's all because of those, huh?

Jungkook's doctor had come in the morning to inform him that he didn't need to use his wheelchair anymore. He got some new crutches he would use. After the good news got spread, his maid began to make more food than usual. He was now eating some good old porridge.

"Sunhee, it's not dangerous around here. Who could harm me here?" Jungkook scoffed, stirring his porridge.

"Your highness, the patients in the yellow hall. That incident could hap-" Sunhee began saying before Jungkook angrily stopped her. "Sunhee. Do not even finish that sentence. Not everyone is like that woman!" Jungkook shouted, startling every maid in the room.

Sunhee immediately dropped the mop and stood infront of the prince. "I apologize, your highness. That was foolish of me." She bowed.

"It's okay Sunhee." Jungkook said, calming down. "I know you are concerned about me, but not everyone is not like that woman. I am fine and safe. About me going somewhere, do not say a word about it to my father. That applies to everyone."

Sunhee and the other maids nodded. "Thank you, your highness. I forgot to tell you that your doctor is going to pick you up to practice on your walking."

Jungkook sighed at Sunhee's words and looked at the round clock that was hung on the wall.

1.30 pm.

I'm going to be late. Once again.

---

The sun was up and it shined through the windows in the yellow halls. It was bright, like Haeun's mood. She was silently walking towards the garden, when she felt a sudden pull from her sweater.

"Who is it?" She asked, getting an excited response back. "It's me!" Hyun excitedly giggled.

Haeun smiled at his cute giggles. "Is there something you want Hyun?" Haeun asked as she bent down to his height and ruffled his hair.

"Could you and Jimin play with me today?" Hyun asked with a smile on his face.

"We can," Hyun brightly smiled at her words, before it dropped to a sulky pout. "Buuut you have to wait a bit. Jimin is coming in a half an hour. The two of us just have to call someone and then we'll fetch you okay?" Haeun smiled.

She noticed the sudden silence and assumed that Hyun wasn't satisfied with her answer. "Hyun, you just have to wait a bit." Haeun said, the child nodded sadly.

"After Jimin and I have called someone, I'll fetch you and I can make some lunch for you. We'll play afterwards. How does that sound?" She excitedly said, which made Hyun's pout turn into a big smile.

"Yes! Yes! I will be waiting in my rwoom!" Hyun shouted, running away to his hospital room. Haeun smiled and shook her head before heading to the garden.

---

"Excuse me?" Haeun asked, standing infront of the reception.

Haeun had been sitting on the bench for so long, it was beginning to get cold. She didn't even know how long she sat there. So, she decided to go to the reception to ask for the time as no one was in the garden area.

"Yes?" The front lady answered, tapping on her computer before turning her attention to Haeun.

"Could you tell me what time it is?"

The front lady's eyes diverted to her computer, before looking at Haeun again and answering her. "It's 4 pm."

"W-what?" Haeun stuttered, flabbergasted.

Why do I keep getting stood up? He didn't keep his promise this time either. Wait, Shit! Hyun. He's been waiting.

---

"Yes your highness! You're doing great! Much better than expected!" Jungkook's doctor cheered.

Jungkook took slow steps towards his doctor with crutches on each side. Somehow his left leg was healed, but not his right. It would take another three months to heal, but in the meanwhile he would have to walk with his left.

Jungkook stifly nodded to his doctor. He looked at the clock before looking back at his doctor.

4.30 pm.

"I'm sorry, but could I go now? I'm running late for something."

His doctor nodded. "Yes your highness, you can go. You've been doing great, considering it's your first practice."

Jungkook smiled for the first time today. "Thank you so much!" He walked out the door.

---

Haeun wiped Hyun's salty tears with her sweater. "I'm so sorry Hyun, It's my fault. I should've come sooner."

"I-I thought you and Jimin forgot about me." Hyun hiccuped, looking at Haeun with glossy eyes. She quickly hugged him. "No, no. I came didn't I? I didn't forget about you. I was waiting for Jimin, but he didn't come." She said, a sad smile plastered on her face.

Hyun had been waiting for hours in the cold dark room. It seemed like it was beginning to be fall soon. It was darker and colder outside. It was scary for the child, being alone in a cold dark room.

"But now that I have come, why don't I fulfill my promise? I will make lunch for us and then we'll eat together. Does that sound alright?" She suggested.

Hyun slowly nodded in her embrace.

---

The smells of cooked steak and noodles filled Jungkook's nose as he stepped in the yellow halls. Wow it's smells really good. He smiled. He finally got to leave the toxic smelling white halls.

Jungkook slowly walked over to the garden to see no one. He sighed in relief. Hopefully she didn't wait for long, it has started to get cold outside.

He continued to walk towards Haeun's hospital room. He knocked the door with his knuckles, when he arrived. "Hello?"

No response.

He slowly opened the door to find, no one?

Jungkook's brows furrowed. "Where is she?" He mumbled.

His eyes turned from her room to the kitchen. Maybe she's making food? He closed the door and walked towards the kitchen with small steps.

---

Sounds of meat cooking reached Jungkook's ears as he stood close by the kitchen. Some meters infront of him stood the girl who made his heart race. She was cooking, so he could only see her back.

"Jimin!" Hyun yelled excitedly.

published: 13/10/21

wow these chapters took long to write lmao

It's Jimin's birthday today :D