20

febuary 3 - Haeun's birthday

"Haeun, I have some news." Haeun's doctor said, as he walked in her room. Haeun sat on her bed waiting for the news, her leg was shaking due to anxiousness.

"We got a donation. You can get your sight back!" Her doctor excitedly informed, a big smile immediately appeared on Haeun's lips.

"Really?!" She couldn't believe it. Haeun has waited for this, all these months. She could finally get her life back again.

"But.." The doctors sad tone made Haeun worried again.

"But what?" Haeun asked, frozen on her bed.

"There is a 50% chance that you'll not make it. You are allergic to the anesthesia we'll have to use."

"I'll do it. I want to take that chance doctor. I'm turning 18 today, so I get to make this decision on my own. Please don't contact my family members about this now either." Haeun said with no hesitation. She was referring to when the doctors didn't contact Haeun's family members about her accident.

"Okay, Haeun. Your surgery is in a week." The doctor said with a small smile, before going out the door.

Haeun smiled and whispered to herself. "Finally."

---

Haeun walked towards the kitchen with happiness. She couldn't even explain the ecstasy she felt at the moment. She can go back and study in college. She can help her family again. She can acheive her dreams with photography. And she can finally see her boyfriend's face.

Could there be anything better?

"You are sooo handsome, even though you have a mask on. What's your name? Do you wanna go on a date with me?" A familiar voice caught Haeun's attention. Who was that?

"I'm sorry, miss. But I don't appreciate you touching me like that. Could you back off?" A voice said and Haeun could definitely recognize that voice. JK.

She walked faster towards the kitchen. Who the hell was flirting with her boyfriend?

When Haeun reached the kitchen door, she said in a deadly voice. "Who the hell are you to be touching my boyfriend like that? He's telling you to back off."

Jungkook smiled in delight seeing his girlfriend at the door.

A gasp was heard. "Haeun?" The girl said, her familiar voice made Haeun widen her eyes.

"Bong-Cha?" Haeun slapped her mouth with her hand, making her white cane fall to the ground. "Why the fuck are you here?" Haeun asked, with a deadly voice.

Bong-Cha scoffed and crossed her arms. "Do you think I want to be here? I only came here because Aunt asked me too."

"Mom is here?" Haeun's brows raised in surprise.

"Is this your cousin, Haeun?" Jungkook suddenly interjected, which made Bong-Cha smile creepily.

"Yes I am, hot stuff." Jungkook's face scrunched in disgust at the nickname his girlfriend's cousin gave him.

"Why are you dating my ugly oompa loompa cousin? Dump her and be with me, I swear I'm much better than her." Bong-Cha glared at her cousin, before looking at Jungkook with lust in her eyes.

"No, Thank you. I'm happily dating your cousin." Jungkook said, which made Haeun smile.

"I'm not giving up." Bong-Cha declared, glaring at Haeun who stuck out her tounge.

"Haeun! My child!" Someone yelled in happiness, Haeun recoginzed that voice. Mom.

"M-mom?" As Haeun muttered that, she was brought in a warm embrace. It's been long, so long since she had gotten a hug from her mom. She was happy, truly happy. She had missed her mom.