14

"Wah! This is amazing!" Jungkook said, eating the carabonara in ecstacy.

Haeun chuckled before eating some herself. However, she didn't realise that a small amount sauce spread on her chin as she ate it.

Jungkook turned his attention to Haeun, noticing the small mess on her chin. He smiled at how silly she looked. She ate with her cheeks full, it reminded Jungkook of a small squirrel.

The prince slowly leaned towards her, and she noticed the sudden closeness. "JK, why are you so close?" She felt his soft breathing as he was close.

"You're cute." He commented, wiping her small mess off with his thumb. He leaned back to his seat and sucked off the sauce, making a small sound. Jungkook then continued to eat his steaming food, like nothing happened.

'Did he just take off some sauce of my chin? Oh god that's so embarrassing. I probably looked disgusting.' Haeun thought, her cheeks red.

'Am I blushing again.? This is crazy, I am crazy. No stop. It's okay, it's okay Haeun.' She tried erasing those thoughts and continued to eat in silence.

"I'm done!" Hyun shouted in excitement. "But I'm sooooo full." The child groaned.

Jungkook chuckled at the sight of the full toddler. "Then we'll wait abit before playing. Is there anything you guys want to do?"

"What about a movie?" Haeun suddenly suggested. "Even though I can't see anymore, I can still enjoy a movie, by using audio description." She informed them.

Jungkook nodded at the suggestion. "What movie should we watch then?" His lips formed into a small smile. Jungkook had endless of movies back at his hospital room, so he assumed that the rooms in the yellow halls had that too.

The girl sighed. "We don't have many films in our rooms, unlike yours," Haeun lightly smiled. "We only have one that we all have to share. It's a kids movie, so it's perfect."

"Which movie is it?" Jungkook asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Toy story."

---

The movie was halfway in and everyone was enjoying it. The three of them sat together on Haeun's bed as they watched the kids movie. Some of the nurses had helped them move the bed so they all could sit together earlier.

"Could I have some popcorn please?" Hyun asked, his eyes glued to the small television infront of him.

Jungkook and Haeun's fingers brush slightly as they both had attempted to take some popcorn in their hand. Their cheeks reddened at the sudden contact.

"Sorry." They both whispered to eachother, at the same time.

Haeun laughed before giving Hyun some popcorn in his palm, her melodic laugh made Jungkook's heart beat faster.

Jungkook placed his hand on his heart. 'It's beating too fast. I should calm down.'

He looked around to find a object to calm himself down. The thing that caught his attention was a glass of soda that sat beside Haeun.

He immediately took it and drank it from the straw. Haeun heard the sudden slurping sound and patted the empty area beside her. 'Did he just take my drink?'

"JK, did you just drink my soda?"

Jungkook widened his eyes in realization. "Oh yeah, sorry." He handed the drink back to her, to which she accepted before freezing.

'Did we just have an indirect kiss?' Haeun unknowingly blushed.

"To infinity and beyond!" Hyun shouted, mimicing the cartoon character. The little boy snapped Haeun of her thoughts.

It is safe to say that the movie ended with many laughs and smiles from the three in the room.

---

"Siri, call mom." Haeun timidly said, her body was shaking from nervousness. Jungkook who sat beside her, held her hand to show support. She somehow calmed down and lightly smiled.

After some hours of playing with Hyun, the two had decided to finally call Haeun's family about her condition. The two were currently lounging on the bench, at the garden. It had began to get colder, and the two of them felt it. They felt goosebumps on their arms as they had on t-shirts.

...

...

...

"Hello? Haeun? It's been so long since you've called! How are you?" Haeun's mom beamed, excited to see at her daughter had called. Haeun put on speaker.

Haeun took a deep breath before answering. "I'm fine mom, there's actually something I want to tell you."

"Oh really? What is it? Did something happen at the university?"

"I'm not at the university." Haeun started off, her mom let out a small gasp.

"What? You should be studying. Where are you?" Haeun's mom scolded her.

"I'm at the hospital. I'm also blind." Haeun quietly said, saying everything in one go.

"What!" Her mom screamed, startling both teenagers. "Why are you in the hospital? You're blind?" Haeun's mom rambled on.

"Yes mom. I got in an accident, I'll explain further when you come. Please come here." Her tone was almost desperate.

"Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I—I'll have to check how much money we have left. I don't know if I have enough to travel to the city." Her mom said, panic filled in her voice. Jungkook's face saddened at her words.

"I understand." Haeun said, her mouth formed into a thin line.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier, Haeun?" Her mom worriedly said.

"I was afraid of you getting disappointed mom. I know how much all of you guys wanted me to get a great job." Haeun broke down in tears. Jungkook put her head to his chest and hugged her tightly.

"Oh, my daugther." Her mom sadly said. "You didn't need to worry about that. We want you to be healthy, not suffer because of our expectations. I'm sorry for making you think like that."

There was a small pause before Haeun's mom suddenly spoke. "Wait a second." Her mom said and immediatly sounds of coins hitting a hard surface could be heard.

"One, two, three, four.." Haeun's mom mumbled to herself, the two teenagers could only guess that the older woman was counting some coins.

"I'm sorry, my daughter. I don't have enough money to travel, I think I can come in three months. I'm so sorry, I'll work hard and I will come. I promise." The mom said, Haeun only nodded in Jungkook's embrace.

"It's okay mom, I'll wait for you."

---

published: 09/11/21

wow, it's been long since i've published a chapter!