Chapter 17 (Sports Festival Part 1)

Today is finally the Sports Festival. Izumi drank two cups of coffee to make sure she is awake and will not give any hints that she is sleep deprived. She was thinking and planning the easiest way to win. Class 1A was preparing and talking in the changing room. Or in Izumi's case, planning with most of her friend group which consist of Uraraka, Shinso, Momo and herself. They are going to work together for the first and second part. Shouto and Iida said something of testing their skills so they are going to find other people as their teammates.

Somebody with blond hair from class 1B came to declare war against class 1A. Luckily, the president of class 1B knocked him unconscious and dragged him back. Class 1A quickly lined up at the tunnel they are supposed to go through. When Present Mic announced their entrance, they walked in with as much confidence as they can muster which is, not a lot. After all the other departments entered, Midnight was introduced as the referee. Izumi was invited to give an impromptu speech.

Izumi said "I don't care what departments we are from. You can be from General Studies or Business or Support or Heroics, as long as we learn something from it, it is considered a win no matter how bad we lose. PLUS ULTRA!!!" The audiences are all clapping and cheering for the speech. Izumi went down the podium and smiled tiredly. Midnight announced that they are doing an Obstacle Race.

Izumi and her friend are staying at the near back. They let Momo produce
a wheelcart and all of them sit on it. Izumi will be the 'engine'. When Present Mic announced "Start," Izumi repeled them eenough so they are hovering on top of the entrance and foward.

They managed to pass the first obstacle, apparently is the entrance. Then, they arrived in front a bunch of zero pointers. Momo took out some pre-produced shotgun and gave everyone except Izumi one. They shot down all the zero pointers with ease. (Izumi taught them how to use it.) Izumi was repeling them fast enough that they just zoomed past the third obstacle which is a bunch of dangling rocks and ropes known as the fall.

Last but not least, the landmines. Izumi used the force of the explosion to propel herself and her teammates faster. Finally, they arrived at the ending point. Izumi got first, Uraraka second, Momo third and Shinso fourth. They stood there waiting or in Momo's case, eating while looking for the arrival of the rest of the competitors.

After some time, enough competitors passed through the ending point. Midnight rolled the board and they got a Cavalry Battle. It is a game that makes three people act as a horse and one people as the rider. The person who ranked last would be worth 5 points, and each rank above that would be worth 5 more points than the previous one, with the exception of 1st place, which was worth 10 million points.

Momo, Shinso and Uraraka chose Izumi to be the rider as she have the most dirty tricks and her quirk can prevent her to touch the floor. Izumi let Momo conjured enough bandage to cover her neck and arms. She then proceed to hide the headbands into the bandages at her neck since the headbands must not be below the neck. She also let Momo produce a fake 10 million headband look alike that have 'Just kidding' printed at where the 10 million supposed to be and put it on her head inside out. Shinso is the front hose, momo is the right horse and Uraraka is the left horse.

When Midnight shouts "Starts!!!", nearly every group rushed to Izumi's. Izumi throw the fake headband away and repelled her whole group to the air. Nearly everyone switched their target and proceed to fight for it. Izumi and her group took their chance and take away the headbands for those that are too busy fighting for the fake with some modified fishing poles Momo produced. Izumi did not take any of Shouto's ones so people will target him after they realised the disappearance of their headbands.

When Shouto finally managed to get the 'Just kidding' headband, nearly every groups' headbands are lost. All the groups starts to aim for Shouto's headbands. They failed as Shouto created a wall made out of fire. In the last 10 seconds, Izumi throw a 5 point and 10 point headbands down. A group from class 1B get the 5 points. The other was grabbed by a group consist of the Katsuki.

When the timer ends, Izumi activated the parachute Momo produced earlier and got a safe landing. Everyone watched in disbelief because Izumi had the most point eventhough she supposingly threw away the 10 million headband. Izumi unraveled the bandages at her neck and revealed a 10 million headband. Shouto looked at the one he had and realised it wrote 'Just kidding' instead of 10 million. Most people groaned in despair because they got tricked by her team. The audiences have mixed reactions. Some of them are laughing and applauding while some of them are complaining.

Izumi and her team was proven their method can be used by Midnight. Some people in class 1B was still shouting "Cheater!!" Then, all of the participants of the third part went to rest and prepare themselves for the fight. Some of the eliminated went to play the games the teachers prepared to decrease the tension before all the fights happen.