eighteen

"have you ever played bedwars in your life, thalia?" techno asks, as he sets up the extra mic in his room.

"nope." she smiles, popping the p.

techno just sighs, finishing setting it up. "well, then this is going to be interesting."

he clicks the join button on discord.

"ranboo, shut the fuck up."

"alright then."

thalia raises an eyebrow at the interaction before asking, "y'know, i thought they might be more civil when talking to eachother out loud."

"THALIA!" tommy yells, and she winces.

"tommy, you're going to deafen her before your stream even gets going." techno intervenes while logging into hypixel on thalia's account.

"i can already see the headlines, thalia moore's first time playing bedwars; gone wrong." ranboo says.

"model goes deaf after child screams in her ears for an hour and a half."

"techno, shut the fuck up. are we all ready to go?" tom asks, and they all agree.

thalia sits up, putting her hands on her laptop keyboard momentarily, before tapping techno on the shoulder. "is now a good time to tell them i don't even know what bedwars is?" she whispers, and he chuckles.

"i think you just did, yeah."

"wait, techno, you didn't tell her what bedwars was?" ranboo asks, and techno shakes his head even though no one but thalia can see him.

"of course not, figured it'd be more fun this way."

"you liar, you didn't even know that until you asked me five minutes ago." thalia says accusedly with a smile.

"hush. it was my plan all along." he says, smiling back at her, before turning back to the game.

"guys stop farming aws and join the damn party on hypixel."

-

thalia knew she was bad. but she didn't realize how bad she was until she walked into the void for the 4th time in one game.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i didn't mean to do that." she says, putting her head in her hands as she waits for her character to respawn.

"you're alright, pretty girl. no one's mad at you." techno says without thinking.

chat goes wild.

"okay, thalia, don't panic but you have green coming your way. im voiding, i'll be there in a second." tommy says, and thalia sucks in a breath.

"r.i.p to our bed, im guessing." she says, walking out of the base where she sees 2 green members breaking her bed defense she worked so hard on.

she whacks them with a sword, killing one of them, but dying to the other.

"fuck," she mutters as they break the bed.

"you did good thal, you killed one!" ranboo says, and she nods.

her phone rings on the table. "hold on guys, i have to take this." she says, scooting back her chair and answering the phone, leaving the room so techno's mic doesnt pick her up.

"hello?"

"hey, thalia! thank god you answered. " her neighbor speaks.

"hi! i'm kind of working on something right now, is everything alright?"

"right um, so, don't panic, but im currently at the vet with geo."

thalia immediately panics. "is everything okay? is he okay? which vet, i'll be there in five."

"yeah, i think everything is okay. they just took them in, but im at the one on antioch street."

"alright thank you- i'll um, be there soon. bye."

thalia hangs up, grabbing her keys off the counter quick. she navigates back to the filming room and peeps her head in, techno looking up at her as she signals to mute.

he does, looking back up. "is everything alright?"

"um..i dont know? carole, my neighbor just called. geo and her are at the vet. i started leaving him with her when i came over, because im always gone for awhile, and apparently something happened- so yeah. im going to the vet."

techno hums, a concerned look on his face. "i can come with you, if you'd like."

she shakes her head. "stay here, i'll call you. have a fun stream, i gotta go." she reaches out to his hand and squeezes it, before leaving quickly out the door.

techno pauses for a second, before turning back to stream. "guys, it's just gonna be us for the rest of stream. something came up with thalia."

"yeah, that's fine, hope everything is alright." tommy says, and they continue to play bedwars.