twenty-two

thalia stood in her kitchen, moving her hips to the beat of a random song- techno wasn't sure which one. thalia had turned on her playlist, and honestly, it didn't matter what was playing as long as she was happy.

"whaddya making?" he asked, getting up to peer over her shoulder to see what she was cooking.

she hummed. "chicken marsala, i found a recipe on instagram, and it looked easy enough," she looked up at him. "are you staying to have some?"

he nods, putting his chin on her head; he was a lot taller than her, but she seemed to be just the right size for him.

techno had decided long ago that he wasn't sure what he wanted. but the closer he got with thalia, the more sure he was that it'd be okay to break the walls he'd built all that time ago.

she'd hacked away at them for long enough.

"hey thal?"

"hi techno."

"why won't you think about moving in with me?"

thalia paused her stirring, thinking for a moment. she hadn't been expecting that question.

she didn't know. she was scared. she was confused. she'd never been good at dealing with emotions, she just pushed them away until they didn't make her anxious anymore.

she sighed. "it just feels like a big decision to make. bigger than a discord server groupchat, yknow."

"mhm."

she began stirring again. "it feels like a couple thing, yknow? and i've been living in this apartment for so long, it just feels like home. it is home. moving in with you is such a big step, and we aren't even dating- which isn't a big deal, i mean, i don't even know how to deal with my feelings for you, and honestly im just trying to make dinner." thalia says, rambling. per usual.

techno takes it in for a moment, before letting out a breath. "i don't know too much about feelings either. and i definitely don't know how to talk about them, but i know that i like you a lot, and im willing to work it out with you."

thalia whipped her head around so fast, techno could've sworn that she could've got whiplash. "you like me too?" she asks, a smile on her face.

he chuckles. "we're dumb. that could've been so much easier." techno says, backing up and leaning against the island in her little kitchen.

she rolls her eyes. "well, the marsala is done. do you want mushrooms on yours?"

he shakes his head. "no ma'am."

"alright white boy, scoot over to the table so i can serve you up some food." he laughs, sitting down.

"this feels wrong," he says, as she piles the food onto his plate. "making you do all the work, i mean."

she smiled. "you can do the dishes afterward then!" thal said, sitting down, immediately shoving the food into her mouth.

techno paused for a moment. "wait, so we're dating now, right? because that's the impression i got from that conversation."

thalia nodded. "sounds good to me. wanna watch criminal minds?"

-

hey besties authors note. you dont have to read but feel free.

sorry for doing it like this i just felt it fit their characters best !! and i probably won't write like a kiss scene bc they make me so uncomfy to write sorry maybe i will, not a definite no, just a maybe no :))

okay keep on reading ily thank you for 27k