Chapter 11: The Break Up

Lonnie's POV

It has been week after the incident and jay is still in a coma. Evie and I stayed at the hospital keep on waiting for Jay to wake up.

"Good morning Lon, here have some sandwich for breakfast" Evie said offering me the sandwich. "Thanks, I could use some food right now"

Evie sat beside me and take a bite of her sandwich. "Hey cheer up if Jay's awake he'd tell you to smile" Evie said trying to cheer me up.

Tears start to fall from my eyes "I just miss him already Evie, I wish he wakes up sooner" I said trying not to cry.
"It's ok Lonnie Jay's strong I know him he doesn't give up that easy he'll wake up soon" Evie said then she hugged me.

10 minutes later

Mal, Carlos and Ben came to visit "Hey how's Jay?" Ben asked "He's still in a coma" Evie responded. "Did the doctors said when he's gonna wake up?" Carlos asked "Let's just hope he's gonna wake up sooner" Mal added.

The Doctor came to me and asked if we could talk for a minute so I nodded. "What is it doc? Is my Jay ok?" I asked worriedly  "Yes he's fine in fact he's awake" My eyes widened in happiness am I hearing it right? Jay's awake! "Really doc can I see him?" I asked

"Well actually he said he want to talk to Evie" I was disappointed when the doctor said Jay wants to talk to Evie instead of me.

Evie followed the doctor to where Jay is, I can see them talking but I can't hear them. Evie leave the room and looked at me I don't know what happened but it seems Jay told Evie something about me cause she's looking at me wierdly.

Evie's POV 

The doctor came and said that Jay woke up and wants to talk to me so I came with the doctor so I could talk to Jay I got into the room and saw Jay half asleep. "Jay? How are you feeling?" I asked he smiled at me saying "Oh you know me, I'm fine just a scratch" I was so pissed about what he said that I yelled at him "JUST A SCRATCH!! YOU JUST GOT STABBED YOU IDIOT!"

"Ok, I'm kidding it does hurt but I'll be fine" He smiled and then pat the space beside his bed.

"So why'd the doctor told me you wanted to talk to me" I asked then he looked at me "I need to break with Lonnie" I was shocked I mean why does he want to break up with her he literally loves Lonnie "WHAT? Are you nuts? why are you breaking up with her?" I asked "It's for her own sake, It's kinda hard to explain but I'm doing it because I love her" he answered.

I can see how worried he is and how much he cares for Lonnie, The way he is willing to do everything just to keep her safe he does love Lonnie more than anything else. Jay asked me not to tell anyone yet so I didn't.

I left the room and I saw Lonnie just standing right there, I wanted to tell her so badly that Jay's gonna break up with her for her own safety but it's not for me to say. I just looked at her and tried to act as normal as I can.

Few Weeks Later

Jay's POV

I finally got out of the hospital but... Today is also the day I plan to break up with Lonnie. I know this would break her heart but this is the only way I know to keep Lonnie safe until I'm not sure that she's safe I need to this. As I was sitting on my wheelchair Lonnie is walking with me I had the chance to tell her but I couldn't. 

"Jay? is everything alright?" Lonnie asked I know I have to do it so I wheeled my self to her. "Lonnie I- I'm Breaking up with you!" I said with no hesitation. "What? Jay what are you saying look if this is about what happened we can work this out ok" Lonnie said almost convincing me not to break up with her. "Look Lon it's only until I know you're safe from Dad I just dont want any of this to happen again so please... Please Lonnie don't make it harder for me" I said holding her hands. As she was still holding my hand she said "Ok, but promise me when it's safe we'll work things out and that this is only temporary ok" she let my hand go and kissed me on my forehead then on my cheeks.

We go back to Auradon Prep together and did not say a single word about our break up.

Lonnie's POV 

I still couldn't believe that Jay and I have to break up to keep me safe. I haven't even told him yet how much I love him. Jay and I agreed that this is only temporary, just until we're sure that I'm safe and won't be harmed by his father. As much as it hurts me and Jay it's for our own good, I just walked with him the whole hour untill we got to his room I kept holding his hand but I know I had to let him go.

"I guess I'll see you around Lonnie" Jay said before closing his dorm room but before he could close the door I stopped it I opened the door and Kissed him one last time... It was long and really romantic I hugged him "I really don't want this you know" Jay said hugging me even thighter. "I love yyou Jay, Forever and Always" we both let go of each other and then I left his room.

Mal's POV

I came to Jay's dorm to see how he's doing but I saw him with Lonnie, I couldn't see what was going on but I decided not to interrupt them. As soon as I saw Lonnie leave I walked in "Hey, Jay what was that about?" I asked but he just stayed silent "Is everything alright?"
"Not now Mal, I just want to take some rest, I'm really tired" He closed the door on me?? He never does that, he's usually so enthusiastic.

I walked back into my room then I saw Madison "Mad? What are you doing back here?" I asked "Mom's back Mal! For realthis time!" Madison said catching her breath "What? No she can't be she's still a lizard" I checked Mom's cage then I realize it wasn't her anymore it was just a regular lizard "Ffff-UDGE!" how is this even possible?? "We need to do something!" Madison said with a little shaky voice "Yeah no sh*t Madi" I walked to the window and then sat in the bed then walked around madi and then in the door I kept walking and walking around the room and then my eyes started turning green again "Whoa easy sis, your eyes" Madi stood up and carefully made me sit on the chair she was sitting on.

"I'll call Evie" Mad said grabbing my phone. "Hey, uh Evie it's me Madi... I'm with Mal right now and uhh... We kinda have a problem here"

Author's Note: Hey guys I'm sorry it took me so long to post another part of this story I had a writers block and I had to make sure that this chapter would be long long and perfect please let me know what you think of the story :)