Forget Me Nots

~* All children grow up… except two *~

“Cinderella flew through the air. Fare from all things ugly and ordinary. When she landed at the ball, she found herself most inordinately surrounded by pirates!” The oldest Darling sister continued last nights story.

“There was Alph Mason. So ugly his mother sold him for a bottle of muskat. Bill Jukes, every inch of him tattooed. And the cruelest of them all” The younger sister added on.

The two youngest darling children, John and Michael were sitting on the floor. Eagerly listen to their sisters' words.

“Hook!” both sisters exclaimed.

“With eyes blue as forget me nots” Wendy described the horrid man that haunted all their stories.

“Said when he clawed your belly! With the iron hook he has instead of a right hand” Maggie walked towards the boys, making them crawl back with wondering eyes “And each time, his eyes, turn, red”

Suddenly John, the eldest of the two brothers grabbed a sword from his chest, holding it to the oldest sister's neck.

“ ‘girly’ said Hook ‘we have come for yee glass slippers’ ” John impersonated the captain.

“Who be you to order me about, and call me girly! Take that!” Maggie took the sword out of her homemade sheath and began to fight with her brother. 

Wendy laughed at her two siblings, while Michael cheerd jumping up and down with excitement.

“Commoner!” John shouted.

“Hook came at her!” Wendy continued the story.

John charged towards Maggie, who had to quickly duck down and roll away. John stabbing his sword in the bookshelf.

“John don’t try to actually kill me!” Maggie laughed.

“And what then! What happened then!” Michael cheered.

“Brave Cinderella settled the matter once and for all, with her revalver” Wendy chuckled.

“A revalver!?” Maggie exclaimed, laughing.

Nana began to bark loudly at something, but it wasn’t the children. Maggie saw she was barking at the window. All four children hurried to the window, to see what Nana was fussing about. Maggie pulled Michael back so he wouldn’t fall out. But there was nothing there, not even a fallen leaf.

“It’s nothing, Nana’s just being silly. Forget about it” Maggie chuckled.

Suddenly the harsh haunting sound of the coo coo clock rang, signalling father would be returning with Aunt Millicent soon. The children weren’t too fond of their Aunt, especially Maggie. Maggie was a girl who longed for adventure and freedom, like Wendy, but Maggie longed for it more than anything in the world. Maggie looked around at her siblings, seeing Michael hiding in his bed, of course Maggie knew why.

“Michael” Maggie smirked with a taunting tone.

“I’m not here!” Michael called from under his blankets.

Maggie reached under, yanking the youngest Darling by his ankles, and beginning to strip him for bathtime. Of course the poor boy protested, but Maggie was strong, though still careful and gentle. Once Michael had finally been stripped to his birthday suit, he squirmed out of Maggie's hold, bolting away from his other siblings. Nana chased him out of the room, and soon enough, Maggie heard the sure sound of splashing water.

“Maggie, you may want to take off John's pants. I can’t imagine what would happen if Aunt Millicent were to catch you in them” Wendy smiled at her boyish sister.

Maggie rolled her eyes, but decided her sister was right, and changed into a simple dress. She didn’t like it, but she didn’t want to be disrespectful. Or she mostly didn’t want to receive a lecture from Aunt Millicent.

~*~*~*~*~*~