Neverland

Maggie laughed as she flew through the air with Peter and her siblings. Over rooftops and around chimneys. This is freedom, Maggie thought. This is true freedom, and Maggie wanted to stay in it forever.

Peter looked at the girl flying beside him. He had no clue what he was feeling for this girl, but he’d definitely never felt it before. It made him funny inside, a strange funny, but a good funny that’s for sure.

“Who are you?” Peter asked the boy with glasses.

“I’m John” John nodded respectfully.

“John… take a hold of this!” Peter exclaimed, sticking his dirt covered foot in John's face “Both hands” John reluctantly did so “Pass it on!” Peter shouted

“Maggie! Take hold of my ankle!” John exclaimed.

“Michael! Grab my ankle!” Maggie called to her younger brother

“Wendy! Take hold of my ankle!” Michael yelled.

“Whatever happens!” Peter shouted to the four children “Don’t, let, go!”

Peter laughed as they picked up speed, flashing through bright lights and large stars, so bright the children had to close their eyes.

<><>

Once the children thought it alright to open their eyes again, they were astonished by the sight.

“Neverland” Maggie gasped.

The island was beautiful! The sun came out just as they arrived. Peter saw the glowing smile on Maggie's face, making him smile too.

“Maggie, follow me!” Peter beckoned.

The four Darling children followed Peter to a patch of clouds, all resting on it to see… a pirate ship! They all lay on their stomachs peering down at the astonishing new sight. Peter took out a spy glass handing it to Maggie first.

“Forty gunners! She must do twelve knots under full sail!” Maggie exclaimed, she always loved cars and ships and those kinds of things.

She handed the spyglass down to John, who peered through it.

“Bill Jukes! Noodler!” He exclaimed, making the eldest sister giggle at his excitement “Hook!”

Everyone looked at the boy in shock. Peter motioned for the spy glass back, and the Darling children passed it back to him.  After peering through if momentarily he turned his head to Maggie with an excited smirk.

“Let’s take a closer look” he smiled.

Before Maggie knew what was happening, she was pulled off the cloud and jumping down along with Peter and her siblings. They smiled and landed on a cloud a few feet down. John accidentally losing his hat.

They watched for a few more minutes before suddenly the five children were being shot at my canon balls. Peter tried to pull the two Darling girls out of the way, but he wasn’t quick enough and Wendy was swept up by the wind from the cannon ball, sending her flying off, John and Michael clinging onto the cloud, and Maggie nowhere to be seen.

Another cannon was shot, nearly sending Peter with it but he dodged it.

“Tink” the boy spoke “Find Wendy and Maggie, leave the rest to me” he smirked and flew off.

The small fairy smiled mischievously and flew off to find the two girls. She whisked down through the trees, searching for a small band of misfits to help her with her plan. It only took her a few minutes before she heard the huddled mumblings of multiple small boys.

“What is it?”

“It’s a large white bird… Quite ugly too”

The boys erupted in loud banter as they tried to nab the telescope from the eldest of the boys, a boy named Slightly.

“Peter left me incharge! I get to look through the telescope” Slightly stopped them.

He lifted his gaze but up to the sky just as Tink flew in front of the lens, leaving the poor boy to believe he was blind at the eye full of her bright self, and the rest of the boys into mocking laughter.

“Hello Tink, where’s Peter?” a boy named Nibs looked up at the small fairy

“Ello Tink!” the two boys known as, the twins, greeted

“Hello Tink, any more news of Cinderella?” a large boy, by the name of Tootles asked

Tink nodded, assuring them there was. She flew down to Tootle's ear, whispering her act. Now Tinkerbelle was not all bad, sometimes she was all good. But fairies are so small, they only have room for one feeling at a time.

“Tink says the bird’s called, Wendy” Tootles told the rest of the group “And Peter wants us to...” The boy gasped as they all watched Tinkerbelle, reenact the scene of Wendy being shot out of the air with an arrow “Shoot it down” he finished

“Well, we have our orders. Shoot the Wendy bird!” Slightly instantly began his leadership antics.

All the boys nodded with a loud ‘Aye aye!’ and got out their bows.

“Ready! Aim! Fire!”

All the boys shot into the air. Wendy had barely anytime at all to comprehend the situation before she was struck down from the air by one of the bows.

“I got it. It got it!” Tootles exclaimed

After that all the boys shouted among themselves as they raced to the Wendy bird, all shouting over each other, saying they were the one to shoot it down. But when they reached the clearing in which she had fallen, they were met with a most frightful sight. Tinkerbelle cackled before flying off.

“That, is no bird” Slightly stated the obvious

“It is a lady” the last of the young boys, Curly, added on

“An Tootles...” the twins started

“Tootles has killed her!” they all turned on the boy.

“Ha!” a voice exclaimed and all the boys spun around to be met with the face of their leader.

Peter hovered in front of them as the oldest Darling sister came running out from the woods. Oh what news it would be for her.
~*~*~*~*~*~