I Know

That night, once again the mysterious boy was to come through the nursery window. Though this time the first thing to enter was a small orb of bright light. It whizzed around the room, it seemed to be searching for something. It weaved in and out of the doll house and dog house. Under the beds and into the closet, but still it didn’t find what it was looking for. 

It wasn’t until it’d gone into the hallway, and peered through the small key hole of a short table, that it found what it was looking for. 

The boy then appeared in the windows entrance. A young boy, with scruffy blonde hair and striking forest green eyes. The same boy from the other night. 

He walked around the nursery with hushed feet, until he saw the small light again, ushering him to the drawer in the hallway. He flew over to it, hushing the small light of her excited squeaking.

“One...” he whispered “two… three”

He opened the drawer, only to have the shadow shoot out of it, and away from him. The boy flew around the room,  seemingly being taunted by the black figure he was chasing. 

“Come here you!” the boy shouted, forgetting to be quiet.

He grabbed a hold of the shadow, only to have it drag him around the rooms.

Until finally he caught it! He sat down in the nursery, trying to stick the shadow back onto him, slamming it onto his foot with a wooden block. The shadow taunted the young boy again. Making the boy curl up in his knees and cry.

What he didn’t know is he’d awoken the eldest of the Darling children. Who’s motherly instincts kicked in at the sound of hushed sobs. She peered over her bed to see a small boy crying on the floor.

“Boy, why are you crying?” she asked, more concerned for his well being then the fact that he was a random boy in her room.

Alarmed by the sudden voice, the boy sprang into the air, making the young girl's eyes widen in astonishment, but also hitting his head on the ceiling.

“So you can fly” she smiled slyly.

The boy, wanting to be polite, lowered himself back to the ground, and bowed, that’s what you were supposed to do when you meet a pretty girl, is it not? Maggie chuckled, getting out of her bed and doing the same, making the boy chuckle.

“What is your name?” Maggie asked.

“What is your name” The boy asked back, still slightly in shock from seeing the girl awake.

He was right. She had the most beautiful eyes he’d ever seen. Also a magnificent smile, even if her teeth were a little crooked, he just liked that more.

“Maggie, Elizabeth, Josephine, Darling” She listed.

“Peter… Pan” Peter stood proudly.

“Where do you live?” Maggie asked more questions.

“Second to the right, and straight on till morning” Peter pointed out the window.

“They put that on the letters?” Maggie chuckled in disbelief.

“Don’t get any letters” Peter stated

“But your mother gets letters” Maggie reasoned.

“Don’t have a mother” Peter shrugged.

Maggie’s facial expression instantly became sad.

“No wonder you were crying” she sighed.

“I wasn’t crying about mothers!” Peter marched over to his shadow, yanking it and sitting down “I was crying, cause I couldn’t get the shadow to stick… and I wasn’t crying!” he exclaimed.