We're Just Children

A while later at diner time, all the boys were shouting and laughing amongst each other. Maggie sat smiling at the head of the table, taking Peter’s spot seeing as he had not returned home yet. She was in the middle of a lovely conversation with Nibs, attempting to keep the evil thoughts back as Wendy’s voice reached over all of them.

“John!” Wnedy shouted, making everyone quiet down.

“Yes?”

“Wendy there’s no need to be that loud” Maggie tsked

“John, what is your fathers name?” Wendy asked

“My fathers name?” John smiled “Peter!”
The boys all erupted in laughter and shouts of agreement, but Maggie could see where this was going, and she wasn’t too fond of it.

“Michael, who is your mother?” Maggie asked, sighing softly

“Well he got the easy one” Tootles mumbled, John nodding in agreement.

“You are my mother Maggie” Michael smiled

Maggie gave a sad smile back, leaning back in her chair and running a worried hand through her dirty ridden hair.

“And isn’t she just first class!” Slightly spoke up.

Suddenly howling came through one of the slides as Peter came flying into the room. Maggie slowched even more, her mind racing faster than it ever had before.

“There’s a new pirate aboard the Jolly Roger” Peter announced, grabbing a sword “The mermaids sat she is called, Red-Handed Jill”

“Another adventure boys, come on!” Nibs shouted

All the boys lept up from their seats and started to grab weapons. Maggie followed, maybe an adventure would help get rid of the annoying troublesome thoughts. Maggie rose out of her chair and grabbed her sword, laid over by Peter’s bed, next to the blanket she slept on.

“Red-Handed Jill? She sounds quite fearsome” Tootles exclaimed

“Fearsome?” Peter scoffed “She’s just a storyteller”

“Just a storyteller?” Wendy rose out of her seat, it was then Maggie only realized she hadn’t moved “Red-Handed Jill may be a brave swordsman” she said, almost offended

Everyone else burst into laughter at that.

“Brave or not! I shall run her though!” Peter drove his sword into a watermelon for dramatic effect, making all the boys cheer.
Wendy held her head up high, stepping away from the table.

“Then ready yourself Peter Pan, for I am Red-Handed Jill!”

The room went silent for a moment. Mouths hung open in shock. Maggie’s most of all. Wendy was the sweeter of the two, and Maggie had just been aboard the Jolly Roger not many days ago, when had Wendy slipped away?

“Mother?” Tottles spoke up first in shock

“Wendy?”

“Tis true John, your sister, has been invited, to piracy” Wendy affirmed

“But mother, Hook is a fiend” Curly whimpered

“And a bounder” Slightly added

“On the contrary. I find Captain Hook, to be a man of  feeling” Wendy countered

This set Peter off in a rage, because in the next second he was charging at Wendy with his sword held high. Maggie bounded forwards, sticking her sword out just in time to block Peter’s swing.