Doors and Sobbing

Benny's POV

An hour later, I'm sitting on the bed with my back against the headboard again, the only place in the room where I feel safe.

My arms are wrapped around my legs as I sit in my makeshift cell, the walls seeming to squeeze in and laugh at me, my freedom feeling like a distant dream that I never really had, even if it's only been a few hours I've been away, the day darkening to evening outside.

My arms squeeze my body tighter for a second when I realize that I might have to sleepy here.

That it might be a while before Jace can find me.

Tears well up in my sore and already dry eyes, my throat sore from the crying. There's a glass of water sitting on the table next to me that Shannon brought me a few hours ago, but it stays untouched, my fingers picking at my cuticles as I stare at it, too scared of poison to drink it.

I close my eyes as my throat gets thick, the lack of spit making my cough dryly, the burn in my throat forcing me to reach over and sip the water, tears spilling down my cheeks in defeat, hating myself for being so weak.

After my throat is soothed and my stomach sloshes with water, I set the half empty cup down and wrap myself again, just as I hear the door slam closed downstairs.

The sound shakes the house a bit, and a frown when I hear the sound of shoes coming up the stairs, the steps slow and taunting. My throat closes as the departing words of Nathan pop into my head, the vile in his head seared into my mind as my throat starts to close up in fear, my hands sweating as I rub them against my arms. My body shakes slightly as the steps get closer to my room, and in a quick hope, I pray that it's Jace thats about yo come through my door, him finding me after all, but the hope is weak and it crumbles as soon as a hand touches a knob, and my weakened nose finally smells Nathan outside the door.

The knob turns slowly, the deliberate pace making my anxiety choke me as the door gets pushed open, and Nathan steps inside, his body cloaked in a suit, the jester making me feel sick.

He closes the door behind him, locking it, and walks towards me, his mouth forming a soft loving smile that sends nails scraping up my spine, newfound tears springing to my eyes as I don uncontrollably. Not even pretending to care, Nathan walks towards the bed and sits next to me, my body recoiling tightly into the wood headboard behind me, but all he does it slide closes, caging me in.

"I've been looking forward to this all day." He tells me, looking at me as if I'm some rare gem, and I snarl, snapping my teeth at him with a glare.

"Nick might be scared of you, but I would rather die than love you." I tell him, drawing the saliva in my mouth to spit it at the human, smiling when it lates on his face, splattering in his forehead and into his eyes.

I see his eyes flash for just a moment before my head is snapped to the side, white hot pain shooting up my face and cheek.

The same hand that just struck me, grabs my face, turning me so that I have no choice but to meet Nathan's dark brown eyes, ones I thought were so dreamy before making my stomach churn and lurch at the feeling of his skin on mine.

"You can fight it all you want, mutt, but Nick will be mine, and once he is, I'll make sure to give you some special attention. We wouldn't want you to feel left out, would we?" He asks as he slowly wiped me spit from his face.

"Fuck you." I say, my voice unbroken even as my heart aches and breaks for the man that I won't even remember I loved.

I look around the room once again, for anything that can help me overpower Nathan and escape, or even something to show just how far my preference goes, but I find nothing, my hope crestfallen at the reality of it all.

That this is the end of my love story.

The cries that fall from my throat are heartbroken. Theyre load and ugly, snot falling from my nose, my tears mixing as they fall from my eyes to the final resting place of the memory of the boy that gave me everything. My Mate. My Jason.

"Those two words will change to three in a moment." Nathan tells me sweetly, his anger gone and why wouldn't it be? He's won.

I watch with blurry eyes and a broken heart as Nathan pulls the vile from out of his pocket, the light blue liquid shaking in the glass as he holds it up for me to see, as if I should "aw".

My hands grip the blankets below me as my breathing slows down, my tears quieting as they flow steadily towards my heart, my shirt wet from the travels of my tears. The heart in my chest feels heavy and hollow all at once as I stare at the clear glass container, the tube feeling more daunting than if a gun was pressed against my forehead.

'Nick, I'm so sorry.' I tell him, even though I can't feel him anywhere. Alone, I face my face, and when Nathan opens the vile and brings it closer to my face, I picture Jace instead, hoping to hold on to the look of his face.

But just as the cool glass gets pressed to my lips, there's a crash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know I know everyone hates suspense but everyone is going to be okay I promise. What do you think about Nathan now huh?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: How did none of you see Nathan being the bad guy coming from the beginning?!