Refraining and Irritation

Jason's POV

My hands on the steering wheel are tight as I try to focus on driving and not the scent wafting towards me form the back of the car.

Ever since I walked into the choose this morning, all I can smell is Nick everywhere I go.

I had though about sparing us both the pain of seeing each other and not going to school today, even if that would have brought my parents down on me, but in good conscious, I couldn't let Nick go to school by himself.

Not with what happened last week with Liam.

I can't help it as my eyes keep looking back towards the smaller boy with his head leaning against the window, face covered by the good of his jacket and I want to pull it away so I can see his face.

I grit my teeth against the thoughts, wishing that they would leave me alone.

I finally pull into the parking lot and park next to a large tree in the front of the school. Clary, having gotten better at smothering our kid brother, opens her door and waves at the two of us, her headphones still in before she's out the car and moving away.

I look behind me and see Nick still leaning against the door and when I focus my hearing I see that he fell asleep during the ride.

I groan to myself, knowing that I had hoped to get away from this situation as soon as possible and cursing every single dumb ass Goddess or God that I had learned for putting me in this shitty situation.

'You need to talk to him.' Ryan tries to tell me and I tighten my jaw against my wolf, knowing that he means well, but that what he's suggesting of the two of us is too much to think about. 'I'm not telling you to propose, you just need to talk.' He tells me and I don't answer, just sit there for a few moments.

"Nick." I call back to him, and even the way his name rolls off of my tongue sounds different making me want to say it again, and I cringe.

Thankfully, he immediately begins moving, one of his hand going to run his eyes and the other reaching out as if searching for someone, or something and I watch with a hard but internally anxious expression as his hand comes closer to me until it bumps into the back of the chair.

I turn back around to the front and watch out of the corner of my eye in the rear view mirror as he wakes up.

He looks around and sees the school and he begins taking off his self belt and grabbing his book bag, his scent becoming more ingrained into my skin the longer that he stays in here, the smell do him almost suffocating in the worst and best way possible.

It's all so fucking confusing .

Once he has his book bag, he turns to look at me, my face and eyes falling to face forward and I can feel him hesitate as if going to say something but after only a second, he opens his door and jumps out of the car.

After the door is shut, he walks past me, head slightly down as he steps on to the side walk and I can feel a part of me reach out to him, my hand mimicking the feeling until I catch myself and drop my hand in my lap.

I shake my head to clear it and grab my own book bag before I open the door and get out of the car, closing and locking it behind me securely before I step on to the sidewalk myself, eyes immediately falling on to my body. And even though they're all the same stares form everyday, gossiping at what I did at my old school, or how much of a monster I am, I can't help but feel paranoid over the idea that they know.

They know that my soulmate is my little brother and they think I'm a disgusting dirty pig that has a thing for his own family.

That I can't help but be addicted to the smell of honeydew and vanilla because it smells so soft and perfect and sweet in a way that I never noticed before.

It's harder to ignore the stares as I walk through the door, but my eyes quickly latch on to Nickolas who are with his friend, the tall lanky annoying one. I watch them securely as I approach them and I see the boy reach his arm out and grab Nick, wrapping the offensive limb around my runts shoulders.

He's pulled into a long tight hug along the side of his friend and as I walk past him, jaw tight and fist clenched, I briefly get the idea of pulling the pencil boy off of Nick and punching his jaw in.

But I have no reason to and the feelings that I'm feeling don't make sense. I frown heavily to myself as I leave behind the scene and make my way towards the back of the school where I know I can find a friend.

~~~~~~~~~~
How many of you are slowly falling in love with Jason? It looks like all that I have planned will be get done today and I'm proud of myself. It's been a while since I've updated so much within a week.

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: Favorite Bruno Mars song?