Home and Watching

Jason's POV

   In honor of the baby of the family turning sixteen, the whole entire family has taken the day off of both school and work to cater to him and any needs he might have.

    And I can tell Nick hates it, but this is one of those days where if I try to intervene, I will more than likely get hanged outside on the porch for it. I see him sending me pleading looks every few minutes and though I feel bad for the runt, I don't say anything.

    My mom and dad are setting up a party like atmosphere around the room, though based off of the conversation with we had last night, I doubt that he wants to celebrate. He's scared shitless of whatever Mate that he's going to get and though he knows that I wouldn't let a soul touch anyone in this damn house, his anxiety is making him think that I won't be there. That I will leave and things will happen.

   He doesn't have to tell me.

   I already know.

   And I'll admit that it hurt a little bit to know that when it came to this that he doesn't trust me. Though I understand that this is something hard to trust someone with especially someone that's already admitted that they were walking away.

   If he wasn't in school and if our parents didn't latch on to him when he he wants to do something, I would take him with me and let him blossom wherever I end up when I find my Mate.

    'I think we'll find them soon.' Ryan tells me as I lean against the wall, not helping them set up at all in silent protest to Nick not wanting to party.

    At least I can say I didn't have a part in it.

    'Yeah? Why do you say that?' I ask Ryan, and he doesn't answer for a little while as if not knowing how to, but I can feel him trying to figure it out.

     'I don't know. I just have this feeling that we will. Is that bad?' He asks, and his usual cocky manner as well as mine has dimmed a bit as we think about finally finding the person that we're supposed to spend the rest of our lives with.

     'I don't know.' I admit as I look over to my sister. Her brown hair is put up into a bun as she laughs at something mom says, the two of them looking so much alike, more so as Clarissa gets older. I know that though she's bossy, and a pain in the ass, she depends on me too. Though I will never tell her the whole story, I know that she knows that what happened last year leading up to a few months ago was me being the same brother I have always been.

    Protective and no- nonsense.

    And while she babies our little bother like no other, I know she does it from the goodness of her heart, wanting to help protect him.

    She's a good kid and despite all the times we and our wolves bump heads, I think I will miss having her around all the time. I would miss her laugh and the way she snorts when we watch football because she claims that all the players have a fat ass.

     I would miss having a sister whenever I have to leave.

    Because I know that I can't stay here forever.

    And Nick.

    Ah he would be devastated.

    And I know a piece of me would be too.

     I know my parents would be alright if not relieved about me leaving, getting the trouble out of the house but I only hope they realize that I'm the one that protects all of us the best way that I can.

    Nick looks over at me with another pleading look and I chuckle to myself and give in, going to save my baby brother and our mom as she fuses about him, my dad signing a little ways away taking pictures even as Nick whines and shied away from the camera.

     Whoever his Mate is, he better be the best fucking one he can be.

✨✨✨

     To no one's surprise, our whole family is sleeping by eleven thirty. Clary went up to her room an hour ago yawning and our parents fell asleep on the couch, snoring away loudly making me laugh to myself.

    "Let's go to my room." I offer Nick whos sitting on the floor with his legs crossed, hugging his small body as he stares of into space.

    He looks up at me with filled eyes that almost break my heart and I help him up before he grabs his favorite blanket form the floor, the two of us walking up toe stories to my room. I turn on my lamp and the two of us settle on the floor, cushioned between my bed and the wall next to my window, partially hidden away from the world.

   "Are you scared?" I ask him and he nods at me as the minutes tick down closer and closer towards twelve, only a few minutes left to go. "You won't even feel a difference I promise."
I tell him.

    "Why if they hate me?" He asks, his voice nothing more than a whimper and I can hear his voice crack still under the weight of his fear.

    "They won't." I tell him and he closes his eyes to block out the time on the clock.

    "Promise?" He asks and for some reason I close my eyes with him.

     "Promise." And I can feel the exact moment that the clock strikes twelve.

~~~~~~~~~~~
oh my goooood guys it's finally here. I can't decide if i love this book or Arts book more. How do you guys feel. Are you excited or scared?

Thoughts?

Comments?

QOTD: which book is you're favorite so far?