Chapter 46

Spooky Scary Skeletons Send Shivers Down Your Spine! 

The first month of school went by quicker than Claire had expected. Snape was as intolerable as ever, though Claire hardly expected anything less from him. When she was younger, she'd been a Snape-fan, but now she's realized how messed up his "love" (aka obsession) for Lily Evans actually was. 

Slughorn was an interesting addition to the Hogwarts staff. His very first lesson featured Amortentia, Felix Felicis, and the Draught of Living Death. He got on Claire's nerves a bit, with how he was going on and on about his famous ex-students, but she forced herself to tolerate it for the sake of getting through the lessons. 

Her pregnancy hasn't really started to show at all, but it was evident that she put on a bit of weight. All the teachers knew of it, so they were completely understanding when she started to need to use the restroom more often. Draco was simultaneously ecstatic and overwhelmed with stress about both the baby, and his assignment from the Dark Lord. 

"Foster, on your broom, let's go! Where's your uniform?" the Hufflepuff quidditch team captain barked at her. She rubbed the back of her neck nervously. 

"Hey, so um..." she barely got to say anything before the captain figured it out. He let out a disappointed sigh. 

"You're quitting, aren't you? Why? You're the best seeker we've had since Tonks." 

"It's... some personal issues." she replied. He gave her a "seriously?" look but nodded with a shrug. 

"Fine. Wish you would've told me before try-outs, but I suppose it is what it is. Hope those personal issues get solved quick, you're a great addition to the team." 

"Thanks Cap. See you around, probably. Good luck with try-outs." 

Claire was about two months pregnant now, quickly approaching the third month. She was throwing up most mornings, which concerned Hannah, as she still had no idea the blonde was pregnant. 

The Hufflepuff finally confronted her friend, expressing her concerns for the blonde's health, and insisting that she go see Madame Pomfrey. Claire assured her that it's not what she's thinking, and explained the situation with as little detail as she knew she could give. Hannah could sense that there was more to the story, but didn't push it. 

"Draco, love, mind handing me my potion's textbook? I don't want to lean over." Claire asked sweetly, with a bit of a joking tone to the end. Her husband raised an eyebrow but grabbed said item for her from her book bag on the floor. They were sitting in the library near the large windows overlooking the grounds, the tables around them empty. 

"You're getting lazy, angel." he teased. 

"No, I just have a loving husband who dotes endlessly on me." she replied in an equally teasing voice. 

"Oh, do you now? He must deserve an award for putting up with your laziness." 

"Hmm, I think you're right. Maybe a kiss will do." Claire said and puckered her lips. Draco chuckled but leaned in anyway to receive the affection. 

"Now that that's sorted, you need to start on your essay, love." he told her. She made a face of disagreement but conceded, dipping her quill into the ink pot to write the opening line for her essay.  

Claire very much disliked writing essays, specifically for potions. She was always worried that the way she worded the information, and her thoughts, would not be interpreted correctly, nor make any sense at all.