Chapter 31

"Me Oh My, You Are The Cedar Apple Tree Of My Eye." 

"Claire, I Swear On Godrick's Grave That If You Don't Stop Calling Me That, I'll Tell Mum About The Time You-" 

"Don't You Bloody Dare, Diggory!" 

"Cedric, I love you and all, but can you please stop? You're getting on my nerves." Claire whined, trying to cover her head with her comforter. Her brother was bouncing on her bed in an attempt to get her up. It had been about a week since Claire found out about her real ancestry, and to say she was tired since learning it was an understatement. Exhausted and stressed. What if he-

"GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!" Cedric exclaimed, grabbing a pillow and smacking her body.

"Honestly, you're more childish than me." she grumbled, trying to push him off the bed. She was successful in her attempts and his 6'1" frame slammed into the floor with a loud THUMP! Claire smirked into her pillow, snuggling back into her bed. Unfortunately for her, though, he popped right up and started pestering her again. 

"Get up, Little C! Don't you know what we're doing today?" her brother cried. She opened a single eye, glaring at him with it. 

"What?

"We're going to get our school supplies today! Don't you remember mum told us last night?" he declared, energetically shaking her smaller figure. Claire groaned.

"I don't wanna go. I'm tired." she complained. Cedric just rolled his eyes and tugged at her arm. 

"C'mon-c'mon-c'mon-c'mon-c'mon Claire! Get up!" he exclaimed. Then he figured out the perfect way to get his little sister out of her bed. Ripping the warm, comfy blanket from her, he ran down into the living room. 

"CEDRIC!" she screeched. "GIVE ME MY BLANKET BACK OR I SWEAR TO GOD, YOU'LL REGRET IT!" He didn't think much of the threat, knowing that she wouldn't actually do anything. That is, until she stormed downstairs and, with a wave of her hand, his mouth disappeared. Surprised, he dropped the blanket and felt around his face for his mouth. Claire snatched up her blanket, and, satisfied that she got it back, waved her hand again and his mouth reappeared. To his knowledge, that was the extent of her payback. However, she actually colored his hair too. It was a horrendous lime-green that could pass as vomit-colored as well. 

Marie was in the master bedroom when all this commotion went on, and she sighed, calling out: "Claire! No wordless wand-less magic, remember? It's unfair!" It was unfair, Claire could admit, but that didn't mean that she still didn't enjoy getting a slight one-up on Cedric. 

"Yes mom!" Claire called back. 

"Promise me, Claire!" she replied. 

"I promise, mom!" she had her fingers crossed behind her back.

"Okay, good girl. You know, we only want what's best for you, right? I love you, sweetheart." Marie told the girl. Claire smiled, nodding.

"I know. I love you too, mom." A motherly peck on the top of the head. Claire headed back to her room. 

"Claire, dear, don't forget. You're going to Diagon Alley later with Cedric." Marie called after her. Claire gave her a thumbs-up. 

"Yeah, he told me." a quick reply. Claire wanted to go back to sleep, but she could feel her brain telling her body: "c'mon! let's go!" So, as she returned to her room, she dumped her blanket back on the bed before crossing to the bathroom. A quick shower later, she grabbed the first outfit she saw in her closet. A white sundress with printed sunflowers, a wide brown belt, a denim jacket with emeralds and rhinestones spelling out "Mine", a light-colored wide-brimmed sunhat with a black string tied around it, a pair of brown sandals. Cute, summery, and very not Claire. Well... not exactly. Claire wished that she could be cute and adorable (yes, she is aware that those are synonyms. no, she does not care) but she found herself gravitating more to a different aesthetic. A "I-Don't-Give-A-Shît-Anymore" aesthetic. Aka, messy hair, messy clothes, messy room.