Chapter 8

Negative Side Effects May Include Petrification And/Or Death

The rest of dinner went on similarly, us teasing each other in a sibling-like manner. That seemed to be our normal mood around each other. Not that I'm complaining. These four extra siblings treated me better than my real ones, even if technically they aren't born yet. But that's besides the point. 

Anyway, after dinner ended, I headed quickly over to where I saw Harry leaving the Great Hall. 

"Harry!" I called to him. He looked back, startled, an expression that quickly turned to joy as he greeted me upon my closer distance. 

"Hey Claire! How are you?" He asked politely. 

"I'm fantastic! Guess what!" I squealed. He laughed. 

"What? You got full marks on everything already?" He teased. I wasn't a bad student in some subjects, but I wasn't exceptional. 

"No, silly. I got onto the Hufflepuff Quidditch team! As a Seeker! The captain said that I would replace Cedric for a couple years, then we would switch out depending on what was needed. Isn't that amazing?" I told him excitedly. He grinned. 

"That's amazing! Well done, Claire. Look, I gotta go now but I'll see you tomorrow in class?" He suggested. I nodded with a bright smile gracing my lips. 

"That sounds good. G'night Harry!" I replied, bidding him good bye. He gave me a small wave as he walked away towards the Gryffindor Tower. I quickly scurried back to the Hufflepuff Common Room, thankfully remembering the tune and barrel needed to get in. I half expected my three Fourth Tear friends to be waiting in the Common Room for me, like the first night of First Year (goodness, that night was eventful), but they were (I'm assuming) in their dorm rooms already. Heading to my dorm, I saw Hannah reading on her bed. I grinned and laid down next to her, effectively startling the girl. 

"Hey Hanns. Whatcha readin'?" I badgered playfully. She showed me the cover, which caused my grin to widen. It was Hogwarts: A History, What seemed to be Hermione's favorite book. 

"Like you don't know enough about the Castle, Hanns." I teased. She feigned a scowled at me. 

"Go bother someone else, Claire. I'm trying to read." She sighed. I shrugged. (While I don't usually condone this behavior, I was being annoying, disrupting her peace, and she was probably kinda tired of my and from the day.)

"Okay." I replied, slipping off of her bed and slinking over to mine, grabbing a book from my trunk along the way. I didn't really look at what book I grabbed when I performed the action, but I saw that it was "To Kill A Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. I really love the character Scout (who wouldn't?) and her development in character. Relaxing into a comfortable position on my bed (back against the headboard, knees bent to prop the book up), I began reading. 

Time passed and I finished the book (for the umpteenth time). I placed it back in my trunk (I was going for a cleaner trunk/room this year) and went to get ready for bed before slipping under my covers and falling quickly asleep. 

Morning came with breakfast, classes, homework assigned and turned in, and quickly turned into lunch. That went by quickly as well, nothing out of the ordinary happened, thankfully. More classes passed with more homework, as well as Quidditch practice before dinner. Practice was fine but the weather wasn't the best. It was that annoying rain where it wasn't raining enough to need an umbrella or cover of some kinda, but it wasn't just nothing. Like, a mist but slightly heavier. I hate this weather. Not that weather in Washington (America) is much better. It's just about the same, but the weather here is definitely more dreary.