Chapter 15

Death Eaters? More Like Death... Snackers? No, That Makes No Sense

Claire, along with Hermione and Ginny, were not amused by the boys' drooling of the Bulgarian mascots, Veelas. She was very tempted to just cover Cedric's eyes and if he complained, tell him that Cho wouldn't be very pleased with the fact that he was drooling over Veelas, which definitely would make him regret telling her about how he fancied the girl, but Claire just barely managed to contain herself. However, she did catch sight of Draco, who looked almost bored at the display of the white-blondes down on the pitch. Instead, he looked around the stadium, catching her eye, accidentally. He looked shocked that she was looking over at him, but flashed her a small smile before his father could see.

The game was amazingly fun to watch, or so Claire thought. She knew Hermione would rather be reading a more interesting book. Claire also made the mistake of commenting to Cedric, who was beside her, about Viktor Krum.

"He's not even that good looking. I definitely wouldn't go out with him, even if he imperiused me." She said. Cedric looked at her, surprised, then grinned.

"Is that because you have a certain blonde on your mind, Little C?" He teased. She flushed and tried to disagree, but once she saw the disbelieving look on Cedric's face, she sighed and nodded, almost imperceptibly. He smiled smugly, a look she was tempted to slap off his face if it weren't for the weird looks she would've gotten from their companions.

"Oh, shut up, Ced." She muttered. He chuckled.

"I didn't say anything, Little C." He said. She scowled slightly.

"Maybe not out loud, but you definitely said something in your head, and that counts. Also, that smug look speaks volumes." She replied hautily. He made a small noise of amusement before turning his attention back to the game, Claire doing the same.

After the game ended, Claire asked if she could go with the Weasley's to their tent to hang out with Ginny and Hermione, Amos agreed, as well as Arthur, and so, arms linked with Ginny, she and the rest of the group made their way to the Weasley's tent. It appeared smaller than the Diggory's but inside was actually larger. Claire hopped onto the table, swinging her legs underneath her.

Gred and Forge were making fun of Ron, teasing him about being in love with Krum (Claire grumbled, again, about how he wasn't good looking, nor exactly the best at Quidditch, making sure to say it quietly enough for no one else to hear), when Arthur told the seven students to hurry up and out of the tent, because there's an attack of some sort. The eight people (five Weasleys and three not) all filed out, panic clear on their faces.

"Fred, George, you're in charge of Ginny and Claire. I don't want Mr Diggory to lose a kid." Arthur ordered. The twins, for once actually serious, nodded, Fred grabbing hold of Ginny while George held Claire's arm.

"Go, to the forest." With those words, Arthur left to try and help calm the whole ordeal down, leaving the kids to follow his order. But, in all the chaos, George lost his hold on Claire, accidentally leaving her right in front of the Malfoy's tent, from where Draco was just emerging. Both of them were surprised to see the other, Draco more than Claire. Then, once Draco realized what was going on, he grabbed Claire's wrist and dragged her to the forest, the Hufflepuff girl stumbling after him in an attempt to keep up.

"Wha-Draco! Slow down? I tripping on the backs of your feet!" She called to him, barely audible over the terrified screams around them. Thankfully, though, he heard her and slowed down enough for her to run beside him, adjusting his grip on her wrist down to her hand, lacing their fingers subconsciously. They reached the edge of the forest, both taking cover behind a tree trunk, Draco pulling Claire into him to help hide her. They were standing close together, so close that he noticed the small mole she had just behind her hairline, usually unnoticeable due the way she had her hair styled. She was breathing heavy, having not run that much and that fast all summer.