Chapter 3

I woke up to a noise coming from down stairs. The clanging of metal. My groaning was muffled by my fluffy purple pillow. Pushing myself up I sit on my bed wiping my eyes. I was so tired. I don't know what time I got to sleep last night. I don't even remember walking up the stairs to get to my room. To add to the grogginess I had a massive head ache. Maybe this is what it felt like to have a hangover, I thought. Nah. It's probably worse. As I crept down the stairs like a ninja I saw someone making pancakes.

"Mum? What are you doing up? Shouldn't you be sleeping? You worked a late shift last night." I said walking up behind her and giving her a squeeze. She turned around in my hold and combed my hair with her fingers. I probably looked like a wild animal.

"I know, but I wanted to make you breakfast seeing as I'm not always here to cook for you. I mean, you've been cooking your own meals since you were eight." She chuckles, but I can tell she's upset.

"Mum. Don't worry about it. You're great, even if you're not always here. I still love you. Nothing is going to change that."

"Thank you, sweetie. I needed that. I love you, too." She smiles at me and it reaches her eyes.

"Welcome." I hop onto a chair at the bench as mum put pancakes on my plate.

"Dig in." She said. So I did.

***

As soon as I stepped out of Nathaniel's car I wanted to hop back inside. Kaiden was standing right at the entrance of the school. I'd tried to persuade my mum to let me have the day off but she was not having any of it. Especially since I didn't give her a good enough reason. Saying your'e sick doesn't really work when your mother is a doctor and can tell these things.

Nathaniel walked around his side of the car and came to a stop next to me. "Everything all right?" He asked.

I gulped. I had told Nathaniel last night over the phone why I was in a rush to get home yesterday, but I didn't tell him all the details. I just told him I was trying to get away from Kaiden. "Yep. Everything is just peachy."

"Peachy? You've been hanging around Miss Cross again, haven't you?" Miss Cross was the school librarian. She was really old and I was surprised that she hadn't retired yet. And to be true, I had been hanging around her, but only because I was helping her chose books that should come into the library. It was her job to chose them, but me being me, she wanted my help.

"Miss Cross doesn't say 'peachy, she says 'fine and dandy'." I roll my eyes. "Come on, let's go."

We walked through the schools parking lot and towards the entrance. I mentally groaned. Hopefully he didn't recgognise me. Maybe he wouldn't even notice me. Pfft, yeah right. That's likely.

We had walked past him a few steps ago and I'd thought hed forgotten. Then I heard him.

"Hey, you!" He exclaimed. I pretended I didn't know he was talking about me when, really, I knew he was. "Hey! Girl with red hair!" I only walked faster. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Oh, crap. Crappity crap. He was going to embarrass me in public. Please help me, God. I prayed silently.

I stared at the floor.

"Hey, Cupcake. Look at me." Kaiden's voice said. Wait--did he just call me 'Cupcake'? What the heck?

I looked up at him through my long lashes. "Um, yes?"

"I need to talk to you," he glanced at all the people stopping to look at us. "In private."

"Oh-okay, I guess." I murmur. Telling Nathaniel with my eyes to go on. He nodded.

I turned to Kaiden and he started leading me through the bodies of the people all around us. He led me down a hall where there were no people at all and I sucked in a breath. Oh, God. He's leading me to a place where there are no people so he can kill me. Oh, please, no. I'm too young to die.

He opened the door and pulled me into the supply closet. The place I saw him and the teacher going at each other. I shivered. He started to pull something out of his pocket. This is it. He's about to kill me.

~~~ 

A/N

Uh oh. :/

This is not edited.

PHOTO TO THE SIDE IS NATHANIEL. ---------->

That's all I have to say. Oh--if anyone is reading this and likes it. Thank you.

Comment. Tell me if you like it or not. Should I continue with it?

Vote. Fan.

Em. Xoxo. <3