Home Sweet Home

(Ella's POV)

I felt.. warm.. and wet. My fingers seemed to be floating and I think I felt something against my back, something bracing me. I lifted my head a bit, forcing my eyes to open and let me see where I was and what this wet feeling was.
My vision was blurry but I saw a figure move before it spoke. As it spoke my vision cleared.

"M-mother?" I asked, finally able to see clearly.

"I was telling you not to move much. You're body is recovering from all the energy you used." She motioned to my current position. "And if you're thinking it.. no I'm not going to drown you. Your men know I'm here... and I've got my medication so my moods should be pretty balanced." She said with a grin as I looked from her to myself. I was in a large square tub, resting my head back against a cushion that dangled over the edge. I lifted my head again and saw I was submerged into the warm water, the water looked cloudy and smelled of vanilla and orchids.

I breathed in the scent and relaxed a bit.

"Need me to help you?" She asked. I sat up more, noticing the shampoo in her hand. I nodded. It had been such a long time since my mother washed my hair for me. She was being gentle.

"I asked them for this time alone. You've been unconscious for two days now. I figured we should have this alone time, you know.. for girl talk. Also because you might very well hate me and I don't know if I want you to actually hate me." She seemed nervous.

"I don't hate you... I don't think I could ever actually hate you." I muttered as she lathered her hands in shampoo. She knelt next to the tub I turned my body more so she could lather up my hair.

It felt nice, she was being gentle.

"Still... you should hate me. I know what I did, what part I played." She stated.

"That's in the past. You didn't kill Jason... you didn't kill me. You only saved me in a way you thought was best." I tried to reason.

"So you don't even hate me for making you like this?" She asked. I drew in a deep breath as her finger tips massaged my scalp.

"No." I said plainly. "I thought I might at first. I mean... it's kind of hard to hear you're not exactly real." I explained.

"You are real.. just more than human." Victoria assured me.

"Even still, it takes a bit to get use to or understand. That said.. I don't know if I can say I hate it. I feel a lot more. I don't feel empty, or lonely right now. Now that I've come to terms with all of it.. I think I'm okay. I think I'll continue to be okay. So.. I can't say I hate you for things you've done. I just... I guess I just hope we can have some sort of relationship in the future. Maybe one day we'll have that mother and daughter bond, but it will take time." I explained my thoughts.

"I look forward to it Ella." She replied with a soft smile as she pulled the spray attachment from the side of the tub and started to rinse my hair. I tilted my head back more so she could work her figures through my hair easier, also to keep the shampoo out of my eyes.

We talked a little more, mostly she told me how impressed with the guys she was. She also told me Namjoon had been the one who pushed for her to come back with them. I had to smile, and think of a way to thank him later.

She told me that Jin and Yoongi had gone food shopping, and the younger three were setting up camera's for Hobi and Jin around the property.. and a little ways out in all directions so they could keep an eye out in case someone found out where we were. With that monster dead.. it might be a matter of time before one of his minions who managed to live try to dig more into how he died, why, and what he did. I could only hope they wouldn't find out about us, Jin was keeping an eye on things- I was sure of it.
Things will take a while to get better between my mother and I, I certainly wasn't expecting an instant bond.. but I was willing to put in the effort to get to know her better, and let her be apart of my life.