1. fresh start

Pic of the hallway above.
First chapter yayyyyyyy!!!
Hope you guys enjoy it ; )

Fresh Start
Hayley's POV

I lay back on the couch staring at the ceiling when my mum came in the lounge. I looked at her and gave her a warm smile which she returned by giving me a kiss on my forehead.

We had just finished putting the last of the things into the house. We had recently moved to Chicago from California because my mums bakery had taken a huge turn and she started to make more profits than usual.
My mum owned a few bakeries in Chicago and a few more in California. The ones in California didnt do very well so she shut them down but the ones in Chicago made huge progress, and so that's why we shifted here.
We were only three in our family my mum, my sister (who was on a date) and me.

My dad had left just a few years ago and I haven't heard from him since then. And my twin Riley had to go with my dad which is why she is no longer here.

My mum and dad used to fight constantly few months prior to their divorce. They even went on such bad terms where they would completely ignore each other. The tension was unbearable. When they planned on getting a divorce, my dad wanted custody over Riley, and he did in the end. My mum took custody of Jasmine and I. So I have lived almost two years of my life without my sister. We couldn't even communicate because after they left dad completely cut us out, not even calling each other was allowed according to dad.

My mum had to find another way of supporting us so that's how she started baking. At first she just used to take orders and keep it decent. After a while though mum had enough to start a bakery and so that leads to the present.

It is really hard living without my twin because she was the person I was closest to. I remember the day she and dad left and how hard I tried to stay strong but just couldn't let her go.
My mum is always there for me and gets me whatever I want, but I always feel like there is a part of me that is missing. And it just really hurts knowing that I wont be truly happy until I find my missing part, which is my sister. I normally dont talk about it even when I feel hurt I just keep it to myself.

My mum also had a hard time after her and dad got divorced, even though she was hurting more than my sister and I, she was always there for us and made sure we were happy.

I was 14 at the time my dad left and now I will be turning 17. I have light brown eyes with brown wavy hair and I was approximately 5,0 in height. Yeah I was on the shorter side.
My sister Riley has dark brown eyes with blackish brownish wavy hair slightly darker than mine in colour and I dont know how tall she is because I haven't seen her in 2 years.
My sister Jasmine has brown eyes aswell and she is pretty tall with a dark shade of brown hair. And she is TOTALLY the MOST dramatic person I have ever met.

My mum on the other had has brown eyes with brown hair and she is also slim and tall.
My dad has brown eyes with black hair and he was also tall when I last saw him and he had kind of a masculine body.

Our new house is double story. The top floor has 5 bedrooms all with bathrooms.
The ground floor has a kitchen, dining area, extra toilet, laundry room, pantry, an office for my mum, a basement which we use as a gym type of place and a massive lounge. It is a pretty big house to be honest. And you must be wondering why we have 5 bedrooms when we are only 3. Mum said we should have guestrooms since alot of my mums family lives in Chicago. Which means I will be having loads of sleep overs with my cousins.

My room is more of a plain and simple kinda room, the walls are painted grey and I have a grey duvet aswell on a double sized bed with mostly grey  coloured pillows and stuffed animals mostly minions. I have an obsession with minions. I have a desk by the window where all my books and stuff stay and I have a modern vanity next to my closet which is opposite my bed. Oh and my bathroom is white with a shower, a toilet and a sink and some long cupboards to keep my extra towels and body products.