Chapter 7- Benjamin

I was just finishing putting my shoes on when Dad called me.

"Coming!" I shout back. I ran with my vamp speed outside. I see three quite tanned people. One that stood out to me through anyone else. He was around my age and had short black hair.

"Carlie this is Amun and Benjamin." Dad says introducing me. I smiled at them both.

"Nice to meet you both." I say Amy  goes to shake my hand but I step back and they pull back. Amun opened his mouth to say something. Did we do something wrong I hear Benjamin think.

"Oh my god. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you. It's just I'm a copycat and I didn't know if you'd be comfortable with me having your gifts." I say trying to fix my mistake.

"It's all okay we don't mind but just to let your know Benjamin here has control over the elements." Amun said. I shake his hand and I look to Benjamin. But when I do I feel everything between us: Love, adoration,care. When i look at him it's like nobody else exsists. I knew what had happened. Benjamin's my mate. I look to my Dad and he nods at me. I look back to Benjamin.

"Nice to meet you Benjamin." I said blushing slightly as I knew this would be the person I spent my life with.

What if he didn't want me? What if he thinks im a freak because im a hybrid? What if he wants a normal mate?

Because me and Dad can both read minds so we can have conversations in our head.

He won't want that just calm down.

"The pleasure is all mine beautiful." He says and hugs me which makes me blush. Just then Nessie runs over.

"Sissy! Catch me!" She shouts and I panick because I didn't see her coming so I quickly vamp run like my lif depends on it and catch her.

"Renesmee don't do that again if you hadn't shouted you could've hurt yourself!" I scold as I love my sister and I don't want her getting hurt.

"I'm really sorry sissy. I just wanted to see if you met Benjamin. But you we're hugging so I guess that's a yes." She says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nessie." I playfully scold. she jumps out my arms and starts and starts to run whilst shouting

"Carlie and Benjamin sitting in a tree K-I-S-" She starts but I begin to chase her.

"Renesmee shut up! Everyone can hear you and I rather they wouldn't!" I say sweeping her up.

"It's not my fault Benjamin's your mate." She says.

"Two can play that game. How's Jacob?" I teased and she blushed. My job was done. I start running off to see Kate and Zafrina.

We introduce ourselves and they were more then comfortable then teaching me to use they're gift. We were practicing on Dad and Mom.

"If she weren't holding my hand right now,I could swear this was real." Dad says which makes me happy as I was doing it.

"I don't see anything." Mom says. That's her shield coming through.

"Edward you didn't tell me your wife is a shield." Eleazer said.

"What's a shield?" Mom questioned. Dad then understood

"The ones i've met are so different." He says.

"It's a defensive talent." I say everyone looks at me in shock.

"It's why I couldn't read your mind,even before. It's why Aro couldn't" Dad says.

"You have a very powerful gift which means Carlie has it too." Eleazer explains. Kate then grabs both mine and Mom's head and tries to shock us. I doesn't work.