jealous

A/N: hi i wanted to try something different for this imagine. jake isnt a twd character btw hes just someone i made up for this lolollooolol XDD

Carl's POV

Me and Y/N have been best friends since the camp at Atlanta. We do everything together, and tell each other everything. But there's one thing she doesn't know; I'm basically in love with her.

The only problem is that I have no idea how to tell her. Especially since she always hangs out with the 'new guy' in our group, Jake. He has blonde hair and he's this cool, dumb guy that would get the girl in any romance movie.

It was a sunny afternoon and I was doing my job - killing walkers by the fences - when Jake walked up to me. He seemed confident. More confident than usual. If that was even possible.

"Hey, Carl." He shouted from a couple metres away.

I turned to face him and he was stood there behind me, with a sly look on his face and his arms folded. I stabbed a walker in the head while rolling my eyes.

"What do you want?" I asked in the most dry voice I could possibly master.

"To talk to you, man."

Please don't call me 'man', I thought. I was never in a million years close enough to this guy to let him call me 'man'.

He walked a few steps closer to me. "Look, I get that you and Y/N are pretty close friends, right?" Friends. "And I don't want you to be, like, a third wheel, or whatever, but I'm gonna ask her out today." Fuck. Well there goes my life plan. Wait, no, there goes my life.

Jake continued, "I just wanted to tell you before, because you guys are super close, like brother and sister," Okay, he was just making it gross at this point. Brother and sister? Ew.

He was purposely trying to make me mad. I knew it. And I wasn't going to react. I couldn't make a big deal out of it.

"Okay?" I said, not even looking at him. Looking at him made me want to puke. "I don't care."

"Oh, well, it seems like you do." I stopped and turned to face him. "Don't be mad, dude. We're cool, right?" He tried to smile at me.

"No. We're not." I dropped my tool, took off the shitty gloves I was wearing and walked away. He followed me back into the prison.

He started speaking again, "Hey, I don't get what your problem is-"

"My problem?" I turned to him. I could feel the anger bubbling inside of me. He just came here out of nowhere a few weeks ago, and now he wants to steal the love of my life from me? Not a fucking chance. "You are the one with a problem."

"What is my problem then? Tell me." He smirked. He thought this was funny.

He can't be serious, I thought.

That was when Y/N walked past. "Hey guys!" She said, unaware of what was going on.

"Hey, Y/N." Jake smirked again and glanced at me, trying to make me angrier. I tried my best to conceal my jealousy as Jake flirted with an oblivious Y/N.

She never flirted back. Jake, with his tiny brain, probably thought she was. But she was just naturally a nice person to everyone. Unless they weren't nice to her. Then she'd flip.

Y/N continued talking to Jake and I kind of just blanked them out until I heard Jake ask her the question I was dreading to hear come out of his mouth.

"Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"

Y/N looked like she didn't know what to say.

I knew for a fact that she didn't like blondes. She had told me a few months ago. We used to tell each other everything before Jake came along and ruined everything we had.

"Um," She paused and looked at the floor. I caught her glancing at me and then looking away before her cheeks turned light pink. "I'm sorry, but I don't see you that way."

I let out a silent breath that I didn't know I was holding. I was so relieved that she didn't like Jake.

"Oh, well..." Jake looked at me angrily as I smiled, trying not to laugh. Jake looked back at Y/N before walking off.

When Jake was a good distance away from us, Y/N turned to me and laughed. "I could tell he was just trying to make you jealous," she said, "By the way, I would much rather date you than that idiot."

A/N: should i do a part two to this???? - abbie <3