dress

a/n - made this for any twd and taylor swift fans and also emily charnley aka hearts4alden

Y/N's POV

I walk into the party wearing a black dress that hangs right above my knees. My H/C coloured hair is long, wavy and is to the side of my face. It's strange being so clean after being covered in dirt for the last month.

This 'party' isn't very interesting. It's a bunch of old people stood in groups and talking about wine tasting and Fleetwood Mac. I spot my friend Carl talking to Glenn and walk over to them both.

Carl turns his head and when he sees me, immediately starts smiling. We're best friends and he's always been so nice to me and makes me feel better whenever I'm at my worst.

"Hey." He says.

"Hi." I reply and smile back at him.

We both turn to Glenn and he says nothing, but gives us a smug smile and slowly backs away to where his wife, Maggie, is stood with Rosita and Tara.

Carl turns back to me and says, "That was weird."

I chuckle at him and after I stop, I look into his eyes and swim in the blue irises.

A few hours later.

I can't help but glance at Carl as he plays cards with two guys our age, Ron and Mikey. I'm not too fond of either of them to be honest.

I'm talking to Maggie at the other side of the room and she notices I keep looking back at Carl. She sighs and says, "Don't worry about him. He's just making friends."

"Aren't I his friend?"

Glenn joins the conversation by creeping up from behind Maggie. "I think he wants to be more than just friends." He says, leaning against the wall and taking a sip from a glass.

"I'm not having this again." I say. Back at the prison, Glenn decided it would be a hilarious April Fool's joke to tell everybody we knew that I was dating Carl. It wasn't very funny to us though; neither of us spoke to Glenn for a week after that.

"Oh, come on, Y/N!" Glenn says, "That joke was hilarious. Plus, look at you! I bet you only picked that dress so he could take it off, right?"

I laugh and shake my head at Glenn's tipsy behaviour as Maggie silently scolds him for being inappropriate.

I think of the possibility, me and Carl actually being 'more than friends'.

I don't cringe at the thought of it.

One hour later.

All of the kids were told to go home earlier than everybody else, so we could 'get a good night's rest'.

I live with Rick, Carl and Michonne since I don't have any other family. Me and Carl are so close that we basically are family.

Now its just us in this house. Alone.

Carl shuts the door behind him and turns on the living room light. "I didn't want to say this around everyone before, but you look beautiful in that dress." He says and looks me in the eyes.

"Thanks." I smile at his compliment.

We stay silent for a moment before he leans in and we kiss. We've kissed before, but it was as dare from Glenn (what a surprise), and it was an amazing kiss. But this one felt different. More genuine. More loving.

A/N - i fully cannot be assed to finish this but basically they have sex cool thanks bye ALSO THANKS FOR 2K READS WTF