chapter 4

A/N: If anyone is a fan of Quentin here I'm petitioning for hugs for him.

==============================================================================

Her damn friends.

Pyramidhead seethed as he watched her run out of the trial, her friends roughly shoving her and forcing them apart. He reached a hand out for Nea, but the Entity prevented him from following them by enveloping his feet in a black fog to return him to camp. He let out a loud growl of anger and frustration. If only David hadn't interrupted.

If only he could kill David. Kill them all but her. Then they could be alone, like he wanted.

He found himself wandering through the woods, making a right turn where he would normally go straight to go home to Midwich. He wandered through the dark woods until he found himself at the wall the separated the two sides of camps. He picked up his sword, drawing it high over his head and brought it crashing down to the wall, forming a large dent in the cobbled stone structure. He stopped to take a look at the damage, before swinging down again. Rubble pinged off his helmet, the cobblestone fell apart and a large crack split the wall, he could clearly see into the survivor camp. Some tents were set up strewn around in front of him. He couldn't tell if anyone was inside any of them but he didn't care to check. He brought his mighty sword on the wall again, making a narrow split opening, just big enough for a small person to fit through. He hacked away at the crevice until it was just big enough for him to stick his arm through, he panted from the effort. He looked through the crevice to see a few of the survivors had noticed his attempts to get in. One of the girls shoved her way into a tent, and Nea came dashing out of it, staring wide-eyed at the wall. He stopped when he saw her, the mix of emotions in her eyes pierced through the killer. He grabbed his sword again, and stuck it through the wall, stabbing the tip of it into the ground. He hoped she would know, and understand. He was here to see her.

"Nea." He grumbled, reaching for her through the crack.

================================================================================

Nea laid in her tent quietly, her heart ached.

She felt disappointed in herself. No way was she actually liking how Pyramidhead treated her. How he acted with her. She sighed, and closed her eyes. The relief of sleep took hold, but even in her dreams he still made appearances. He was everywhere. She ended up waking up from the sound of the echo of his sword screeching along the dirty hallways in Midwich when it turned into the sound of her friends screaming. Jane darted into her tent, and shook her awake fiercely.

"Nea! Wake up!" She hissed, jostling Quentin awake as well.

"Jane?" He mumbled, rubbing the sleep from his own eyes.

"We have a serious problem! Pyramidhead is trying to break into camp!" Jane looked outside the tent as Nea sat up quickly,

"What?" Nea gasped, eyes wide and suddenly completely awake. She scrambled to her feet and dashed out of the tent, looking in the direction everyone was running away from. His head was stuck partially through the wall, his arm was extended completely through to his shoulder.

She blinked, sure if she did he'd vanish. But of course he didn't, and her feet began moving on their own, running towards him.

"NEA!" Quentin cried, trying to grab her by the fabric of her jacket, but she slipped through his fingertips.

"Nea, no!" David yelled after her, but all of her friend's pleas fell on deaf ears. She sprinted up to the wall, Pyramidhead slipped back through the wall to his side, the gap left behind was just large enough for Nea to slip through with ease, and she popped through from the other side for Pyramidhead to grab her arms and cradle her into his chest. The cold that had permanently housed itself in her bones retreated at his touch. She sighed softly, finally relaxing.

"Nea!" Quentin cried as he ran up to the wall, Pyramidhead tightened his grip on her tiny body against his chest.

"Nea, what's going on?" He asked through the wall as Nea stared warmly up at the towering metal horror.

"Go. Away." Pyramidhead snarled at Quentin, causing him to flinch and jump back as he placed a hand on Nea's waist, tugging her to his chest.

"Mine."

Quentin looked hurt. Deeply hurt.

"Q.." Nea said, turning to look at him. "I'm sorry..I..I don't know what's wrong with me." Nea sighed, resting her hand on her forehead, trying not to meet Quentin's gaze, but at the same time she needed to look at him, so she settled on a midway point on the ground.

"Don't worry about me, just go back to everyone else." She said as Pyramidhead looked down at her, he took the other hand from his side and gently stroked at her cheek and neck. She shivered under his touch as Quentin continued to stare at them, unable to tear his eyes away as his heart splintered into several painful pieces. The monster looked down at Quentin, intimidating him.

Pyramidhead scooped Nea into his arms, carrying her as if she were his bride. The warmth in her eyes as she peered up at the muscular monster solidified Quentin's heartbreak as he took a step backwards, and turned away to head back into survivor camp.

"What do you want with me?" Nea asked, forcing Pyramidhead to fight to find the words. He had no idea what to call these feelings in his chest whenever Nea was near. No word came to mind, and his growing frustration made his heart pound.

"Do you want to go somewhere we can be alone?" She asked, and Pyramidhead obliged, carrying her towards Midwich. His home. They walked in silence as the woods turned into killer camp, and camp became the misty gates of Midwich. He gently set her down on the dirty tiles. She took a moment to ponder, crossing her arms across her chest and chewing at her lip. She took in a deep breath, steeling herself for the coming conversation.

"So, explain yourself. What's going on with you?" Nea finally asked.