chapter 5

After last night Nea decided to stay in Midwich with Pyramidhead, much to his delight. He liked roaming the long hallways with her, even if it was quiet and sometimes awkward. Her company was enough for him. She spent her time getting to know the school, searching every nook and cranny for secrets and places to give her a better advantage on the map when she was pulled into a trial and brought here.

"Hey, P.H." Nea said, looking up at the iron helmet. He turned slightly in her direction, letting her know she had his attention. She reached up and lightly set a hand on his arm.

"I need to go back to survivor camp, let the others know I'm not dead. I'll be back, though. I'd rather hang out here than sit by that depressing campfire, and that's saying something i guess." She sighed, leaning her forehead against his arm by her hand. He didn't want to admit how much it actually pained him in his chest that she wanted to go back to the other victims, but she said she'd come back. He'd wait as long as he needed to for her. He nodded.

"Go." He said, caressing her cheek gently with his rough finger.

"I'll be back." She said, smiling up at him sweetly. His chest panged with the want for her to stay, but this needed to be done. No one knows what was going on between them, even he wasn't sure himself.

He watched as she walked out of the school and slipped into the darkness of the forest that lead to the wall. She was always very good at hiding in the shadows, he thought to himself. Good enough to match the Ghostface in his sneaky glory, and this worried him. What if someone else found her? What if she was killed out here? Would the Entity grant her life back, like usual, or would she be gone for good?

He didn't want to find out.

He decided to follow her, just in case.

======================================

Nea moved silently through the brush of the dark forest. She kept her eyes peeled on the horizon, watching for any sign of movement.

The only thing she saw was mist and trees as she kept walking towards the wall. When she came across the Haddonfield gate she saw several of the killers lazing around through the camp, some had their weapons in hand tinkering with them, like Bubba and Amanda. Others were just sitting around. Waiting.

Michael Myers stood a mere few feet from the shack, motionless. Like a statue. It was off-putting, especially through the darkness and fog. Nea quietly took a deep breath and snuck her way through the forest. It wasn't until she actually saw the wall that she heard the sharp sound of a twig snapping behind her, every hair stood on end as she looked around. When she turned to look back in front of her, she caught a glimpse of a white mask.

Shit.

She picked up her pace to the wall, praying the killer nearby was just watching and wouldn't make a move.

Her prayers were cut short as she felt a hand grab her by the back of her jacket and yank her onto her back on the ground with a yelp.

"Hiya, dollface." Ghostface's voice vibrated above her head.

"Shit! Get off me!" Nea thrashed in his grip, kicking and wiggling useleasly.

"Not till you answer a couple questions, first, babe." He chuckled playfully, holding a knife to her throat. She squirmed in his grip, cutting a small slice down her throat. It hurt like hell, way worse than it ever did in trials, Nea let out a heavy shriek from the pain, gasping against the white-hot heat.

"How do you keep ending up on this side? First the mix-up with the fog and now i catch you here again." He hummed, amused with his catch as he leaned down to look over her.

"Pyramid...Pyramidhead brought me." She gasped, her chest heaving from fear and the pain that still radiated out of her neck into her chest and shoulders, like fire.

"What?" Ghostface scoffed. "That hulking metalhead brought you? The hell's that supposed to mean? The big guy in love with you or something?" He shrugged, shaking his head. Before Nea could answer a tall, dark shadow loomed over Ghostface. The dim light of the campfire stretched his shadow to inhumane lengths against the trees and grass. Pyramidhead's shadow caused the tiny killer to jump, and look up slowly.

"Fuck." He squeaked, looking up at the towering pyramid, before he yanked Ghostface up and held him in the air by his jacket, letting him thrash and panic until he wore himself out.

"Nea. Mine!" Pyramidhead snarled, shaking Ghostface in his grip, and squeezing on his jacket, he let out a gasping sound as the air was shaken out of him, and Pyramidhead tossed him into the ground, discarding him like trash. Nea stood up on her own, and clutched herself into his chest, her heart pounded with the fear and pain. Pyramidhead snarled and turned to look at the small killer, but he'd already made quick work of retreating back to camp.

Smart of him.

"That...that was the worst pain I've ever experienced..he cut me. It never hurts that bad in trials." Nea began to shake in his arms. This wasn't good, she was afraid for once.

Could they kill her for good, if she was on this side of the camps?

He swore to himself that he'd protect her better next time, he wouldnt be so careless to leave her unattended.

He petted her head tenderly and scooped her into his arms to carry her, she let out a little yelp but relaxed as his grip became more stable. She rested her head in her spot on the crook of his shoulder and closed her eyes as he began his walk to the crack in the wall to return her to where she belonged.