25

You wanted to see Scarlett in action? You got it, my friend!

TW: Some violence and all that kind of stuff mentioned. She's a hitman... So I mean I feel like that's to be expected at some point.

The rest of the week runs pretty smoothly. I managed to trade out my Friday and Saturday night shifts with some of my new coworkers. I'm getting giddy at the prospect of having a new hit. I've been working with Vic on the logistics of the task. I'll have to drive a couple of hours to get to Tulsa, but Victor is letting me borrow his nondescript rental for the occasion.

It's currently Friday and I'm packing a small bag to take with me. My Glock 26 is tucked in a holster at the small of my back. My favorite tactical bowie knife is sheathed and tucked away in my bag.

She's a lot bigger than the other more discrete throwing style blades that I usually carry on my person, but she's certainly prettier. And a lot more pain inducing. From her serrated edges to the gentle curve of her blade, I can confidently say she is one sexy bowie knife.

I hum a small tune to myself as I finish zipping the bag. Victor is staying here at the house. He's helping Millie with her downstairs living space while I'm gone. We gave them the excuse that I'm visiting an old friend that lives a couple of hours away so I have a cover for being gone, even if it is a lazy one. Not that Millie really questions my coming and goings, but still.

After setting the GPS for the location I need in Tulsa, I begin the drive. The scenery in this part of the state is absolutely stunning. If I were truly a nature lover, I'd be in heaven. I think it's pretty and I admire it just fine from my place in the car with air conditioning.

After a little over two hours of driving I can finally pull the car off into a crappy looking motel parking lot.

Really classy, Vic. So Thoughtful.

Again, I feel like I'm getting punished for something.

Grumbling under my breath, I check in at the motel. After getting my room key from the grease ball of an old man at the front desk, I locate my room. I then begin setting out what I'll need for later tonight.

My mark is actually an average housewife, surprisingly. Rita Daniels is her name. I was curious as to why a hit was placed on her head. I usually do a little research on them after accepting a job. I have to see what their routines and habits are. I normally get this by watching and observing them while they go about their day. It typically becomes pretty obvious why they're being targeted.

Victor was kind enough to have one of our agency operators do some surveillance for me. They're planted as backup all over the world, but never used for the actual hit.

Unfortunately, Rita's case isn't too interesting. She's having an affair with a neighbor down the street. Her husband is in politics and far too prominent of a figure to dare allow this scandal to break.

As if his secret relationship with his barley legal secretary is any better.

Double standards for the win.

What is it with all this infidelity these days? I mean, really?

Whatever, doesn't matter to me. What does matter is that I get paid.

He wants it to look like a robbery gone wrong. Originally he wanted the blame on the neighbor guy as some sort of revenge for bangin' his wife. I don't have that kind of patience to wait around until they meet up and swoop in to take her out of commission. Plus, he didn't offer the right kind of funds to make those kinds of demands.