special chapter #1: first year

ITACHIYAMA ACADEMY, FIRST YEAR

     OKAMOTO YUMIKO wandered around the empty schoolyard, sighing at least every five minutes at the fact that she has no one to sit lunch with.

     She was so lonely.

     She didn't want to feel lonely, but she is. She doesn't know how to make it stop, but she wants to. just. make. it. stop. She wishes she could just do that. Make the emotions she wants to go away to just go away even if it's for only 10 minutes.

     She plops down on one of the benches that was built beside a school building. She wondered what the architect or something thought when they put a bench on a building but whatever, at least she has something to sit on.

     She clutches her basket to her chest. Someone decided to play a 'joke' on her earlier by hiding her basket. She threw a fit and now she's embarrassed. But it's special to her, and some people just decide to mess with her when they have no right to. It's not cool. It's unfair. So unfair that for them it's just a tiny little joke but for me it's everything.

She leans her head back as she felt the tears build. Stop crying. Stop. Stop it.

But she couldn't help it. What happened earlier overwhelmed her, a mix of anger, irritation, and embarrassment filled her, and in the end she just feels sad.

One by one the tears start to fall and she couldn't help but let out whimpers when she tries to stop her tears. She really tries. But she can't. Every time she thinks she's done crying, more tears just flood in when she remembers what happened merely hours ago.

So there she is, seated alone in a bench, letting out loud crying noises, embarrassed, sad, and really really wanting to go home.

She stays there crying for who knows how long.

She only stops when suddenly she felt something thrown at her shoulder. She was startled. She looked behind her with tear stained cheeks, there was a window that peaked to the inside of the building. She furrows her brows when she only sees a person walking away, the person was already too far away for her to recognize.

She sits back down properly, wiping her cheek with the back of her hand as she takes the thing that was on her shoulder.

It was a handkerchief.

She was ashamed of how she teared up again when she saw it.

Someone actually cared enough to give me this.

She was touched, even if she doesn't know who the owner of this handkerchief was.

SAKUSA KIYOOMI was irritated (worried), there was this person outside of the building, crying, loudly.

He was just minding his own business, passing by when he was stopped because of the loud crying. At first he thought he was just hearing things, but no, there was an actual person out there.

He grumbles to himself before contemplating and taking out the handkerchief he has in his pocket.

He clutches it and closes his eyes, I hate my conscience.

As fast as he can he threw it out of the window and just hoped it would land near the crying girl or something. He then looked around if there was a person watching him. He does not want to get teased for having sympathy.

He walked away as fast as he can.